Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocking a country

Eamon1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi my Son is in Corfu, close to Albania. He is picking up the signal of this Country. How do I block +355 on the app. Code for Albania

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149330 Posts
  • 673 Topics
  • 28494 Solutions

@Eamon1 

He needs to do a manual network connection to lock the phone to a Corfu network.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 6

japitts
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 214 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Manual network selection is the correct way to choose which specific network you use whilst abroad. Be aware that if your son loses connection to the chosen network for a period of time, his phone will not automatically regain coverage - because he has used manual selection.

This will also cause an issue on your son's return to the UK, he will need to manually select O2. Thus manual selection should only really be a short-term workaround to local issues.

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 149330 Posts
  • 673 Topics
  • 28494 Solutions

It's a direct answer to the direct question asked.

Once back home, return the phone to automatic selection. Simples.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 6

japitts
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 214 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Absolutely valid, but explaining the basics also avoids "why is my phone not showing coverage when others are" scenarios that could result from blindly using manual selection.

Not everyone wants or needs to understand the tech, but at least being aware can often help.

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 149330 Posts
  • 673 Topics
  • 28494 Solutions

Splendid

Message 6 of 6