Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blacklisted iPhone 11

Avi1986
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I bought an iPhone which about a year ago which has been working fine on another network. I've just switched over to o2 and the SIM card does not work. Upon doing an IMEI check the phone has been blacklisted by o2 - can this be undone?

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Avi1986 If you bought it from an Apple store I would have thought it was their responsibility to check to see if it was blacklisted before they sold it to you. You should take it back to where you bought it, if you can, or contact Apple support: Official Apple Support

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143413 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Avi1986 

No it can't be undone as it was blacklisted for a reason, ie theft, loss or fraud.

I'm surprised it worked with any other UK network though as it's usually a complete block of all UK networks.

Are you sure it's just not locked to a different network?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Avi1986
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Positive it's not locked, I bought this from an Apple shop, it's outside of warranty period but is not actually damaged or has any manufacturing faults so they can't do anything about it. They advised I check if it was blacklisted which a local store did for me. I've been on the phone to o2 and they said it's best if I take it to a store. 

Thanks for your reply.

Message 3 of 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Avi1986 If you bought it from an Apple store I would have thought it was their responsibility to check to see if it was blacklisted before they sold it to you. You should take it back to where you bought it, if you can, or contact Apple support: Official Apple Support

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143413 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Avi1986 wrote:

Positive it's not locked, I bought this from an Apple shop, it's outside of warranty period but is not actually damaged or has any manufacturing faults so they can't do anything about it. They advised I check if it was blacklisted which a local store did for me. I've been on the phone to o2 and they said it's best if I take it to a store. 

Thanks for your reply.

An O2 store won't do anything as you didn't buy it from O2.

It's also strange that it has just developed this issue as a blacklisted phone wouldn't work on any UK network, not just O2.

If it has been barred in error, O2 will have to remove the bar, but I can see you having to jump through hoops to prove ownership etc.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 5