Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto-disconnects

Paul430
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Three weeks ago I used my O2 mobile to call a financial institution. As is usually the case, you get through, choose an option and are put on hold in a queue pending customer service picking up. I made 4 calls to the number (an 0800) and each was auto-disconnected, at 14 mins 29 secs, 14 mins 28 secs, 14 mins 21 secs and 14 mins 28 secs. These call show in my phone log, although  O2 customer service cannot see these calls in their records, and they do not show on my itemised bill.

I made 2 calls to a UK Gov number yesterday, chose the appropriate option, and was placed on hold in a queue. Both calls were auto-disconnected at 14 mins 29 secs. This was not a freephone number.

O2 are suggesting that  it's not their problem, it must be the way in which the organisations I called set their system - something which I find impossible to believe given their nature - a regulated FI and a UK Government body. O2 are also suggesting that they have no record of these calls (which were connected) because I did not actually speak to a person in each instance. They could not answer whether I would be charged for these connected calls had they not been freephone and had I not had any airtime allowance left - I was disconnected by O2 (not automatically this time). Am I being given the runaround by O2?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12630 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1155 Solutions

Is the date you called now covered by a bill @Paul430 , if not they might show as recent charges.

Follow this guide to get to the correct part of the o2 site:

Guide: How do I get to the 'Download Bill' page? 

As you are struggling with customer services, I'll see if the community advisors can help.

@O2Georgina @O2Sarah- can you reach out to assist?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149601 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

0800 numbers never show on bills.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 8

Paul430
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes, the older calls were for a period that a bill is now available for. The newer calls were made too recently for a bill to have been produced.

Message 4 of 8

Paul430
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

That was not the O2 explanation. 

Message 5 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149601 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

@Paul430 wrote:

That was not the O2 explanation. 

Then they are wrong...... as usual.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 6 of 8

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @gmarkj 

@Paul430 I will send you a private message to look into this for you 😁

Message 7 of 8

Paul430
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So this issue is still persisting - 2 calls to one mobile number today, one auto disconnected at 14 mins 27 secs and one at 14 mins 28 secs. Another call to a different mobile auto disconnected at 14 mins 28 secs today. HELP please O2!

Message 8 of 8