cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple watch not connecting to mobile data!

Chris071168
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have done a bit of digging and apparently when you have paired your watch you then go to set up mobile data. The thing is your supposed to get a log in page where you can select your mobile plan and activate it there. Problem being I have never had this log in page!! Don't know about anyone else but how does nobody in customer services know about this. I am also on day 18 of not being able to activate😡😡

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 126086 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7552 Solutions

Excellent news @Chris071168 

Though I will say you were lucky to find a store assistant who knew what they were doing. Others who have gone via the same route have had no such luck!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 16

Chris071168
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi It was the blackburn Lancashire store they had no idea at first then he noticed that the data plan was active but not connected to the mobile number. That's why everything seems ok to customer services hope with this info more peeps can get sorted out 🙏🙏

Message 12 of 16

j1mmy
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've implemented a completely different workaround...

I texted 'PAC' to 65075, took the PAC code, then signed up to an EE sim only plan. Very efficient on-boarding, phone number ported and my Apple Watch now works perfectly. Not what I'd originally intended, but O2 were so hopeless, it seemed the most efficient option for me.

Message 13 of 16

j1mmy
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

As a side note, all my DMs for help on instagram, facebook and twitter (X) went Ignored by O2s social media team - even though the accounts seemed to be actively replying in public.

Message 14 of 16

Davey193984
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I got it sorted going into the store at Westfield London, think the two guys name were mo and asad. Very helpful and empathetic. Got sorted for me in about 48hrs after they raised it. Was tempted to go to EE but I’m on a great deal with O2 atm.

Message 15 of 16

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38507 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1735 Solutions

Another result from a store visit for an iWatch issue', thanks @Davey193984 - tagging the Forum manager to make sure your feedback gets to the store personnel: @Breanna 

Message 16 of 16