Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch o2 error code 14

denisa748
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I got Apple Watch Series 6 with Cellular second hand. It paired to my iPhone X and when I went to my watch and went to set up my data plan it got set up but the dummy number that was issued for my watch was connected to the old owner o2 account. Basically the watch was working with cellular but when my phone rang the watch was not ringing and when I tried to call someone from the watch a different number was calling. So I called o2 and explained that my watch’s number is not paired or connected to my mobile number. They said that this has happened because the old owner has not unpaired the watch properly and they need to unpair it properly. I contacted the old owner and he saw that the watch was still showing on his Apple ID so he unpaired it. After that I was advised by o2 to unpair the watch from my phone and reset it and then pair it again which I did. Now when I try to set up my cellular data plan an error comes up with reference code 14. I read here that people with the same error code just needed someone to reset the esim but when I called o2 they said there is no esim for my watch and for some reason no one knows how to help me set up my airtime data plan for my watch. I’m being advised to go to o2 store which I also did and no one was able to help me. When I call no one is able to help me and I do not know what to do so I am open to suggestions. O2 do not have staff that has knowledge of their technical issues which is very distant frustrating. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36429 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1621 Solutions

@O2Ryan is on from 8am Thursday, @denisa748 - they can help you with error code 14 on your watch. They will message you in the morning. Good luck!

Message 2 of 7

O2Ryan
Former Staff
  • 146 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the tag, ill send a private message over now.

signature
Message 3 of 7

ni_kiwi
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @O2Ryan if you're on today.

Same thing with me.   Worked fine for a year or so, then status No Connection, and Reference Code 14.

I updated OS on both watch and phone and unpaired and paired.  Initial 202 call got me to Ersase and Reset and Unpair and Pair despite saying I had already done that.  Now watch is No Sim and iWatch App on Phone is erroring with Code 14.  O2 Support confirm watch data plan was active.  Tried to reset the sim but couldn't.

Can you advise privately or publicly please?  I've read O2 Store and asking for a Sim Swap fixes it?   Ridiculous this is a known issue and O" Support don't seem to have any resolution.  Your advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Message 4 of 7

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12138 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1128 Solutions

Unfortunately @ni_kiwi Ryan and the rest of the community advisors no longer provide support here. o2 decided to withdraw their services.

All we can advise is in this guide for Apple watch issues - Activate Apple Watch Guide 

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 5 of 7

ni_kiwi
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks, everything tried, physical dim, eSIM resets etc. just told by O2 store until loads of customers come in with issue they won’t talk to Apple. Need to wait for an watch update apparently

Message 6 of 7

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36429 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1621 Solutions

Presumably, @ni_kiwi, your handset and watch are still at the latest code levels for each?

The guide with error codes as shared above is a living doc, so please do come back here with the code and fix, if you get it.

Reference code 14

If you had received a SMS that states setup has been completed, please restart your watch. If you still get this error or you didn’t receive an SMS, the eSIM will need resetting, so please contact our Social Media team here

Do contact the Social Media team via the link just below, as described in the guide for Error 14, extracted just above, as you initially reported. Good luck!

Message 7 of 7