Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch Series 9 unable to migrate existing plan to new watch Error Code 26

Tilly7
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So, bought the series 9 watch - setup on iPhone - no issues from Apple end.  Then, I tried to setup mobile service.  Followed all the prompts including logging into O2 account and selecting “Move an existing Airtime plan to this watch”.  But next screen returns a message “Oops, something went wrong. Try again and if the problem continues call 202 for free from your O2 mobile, quoting reference code 26”.  Called customer services - they have no idea and will try and get back to me in 5 working days.  My concern: Apple will have informed all mobile services providers details of the technology on their new watches - why is it only O2 (which appears to be the case) that has this problem.  Looking at the forums, this seems to be the case at almost every launch of a new Apple Watch.  I am out of my contract and seriously thinking of moving away from O2 if this isn’t fixed quickly.  Any ideas?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93931 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7017 Solutions

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 using the links below, they should be able to help you with this

or give them a call on 202  or 0344 809 0202

Message 2 of 13

Rach0602
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have exactly the same issue with error 26, Trying to set up mobile data plan on my replacement watch just get the error every time and O2 have not been very helpful seem clueless about this issue.

Message 3 of 13

Redgiant
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

Did you ever get this resolved? I have the same issue and have spent hours on the phone to O2 without resolution. They have no idea

Message 4 of 13

Paul679
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi. Did anyone manage to get this sorted? I have the same issue and have been trying to a week now to get it resolved 

Message 5 of 13

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9122 Posts
  • 209 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@Paul679 

There are quite a number of threads on this forum about this topic. 

Have you searched for all of them and tested the solutions that others have posted ?  

Message 6 of 13

Paul679
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

FYI for anyone else having this same issue. After almost a month of calling / chasing o2 (via phone and in stores), they weren’t able to resolve the issue and ended up cancelling my existing Apple Watch contract and setting me up a new (discounted) one. This results in me paying a few pennies more each month - which isn’t ideal but I can live with.

Message 7 of 13

Oxonian
  • 9122 Posts
  • 209 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@Paul679 

Glad to hear that you've got finality and a watch that works, albeit the terms might not have been perfect. 👍

Message 8 of 13

Gomel123
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks, this is helpful. I'm still having this issue. Did you have to return the watch completely for them to set up your new one? I don't want to have to do this. 

Thanks

Message 9 of 13

Oxonian
  • 9122 Posts
  • 209 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@Gomel123 

If you are asking that question of @Paul679, you need to tag him thus ! 👍

Message 10 of 13