Did you mean: 

Apple Watch Cellular

MancRaz
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I got a new sim only contract 23/12. Got an Apple Watch cellular yesterday afternoon and activated a new £7 eSIM for the watch. Was informed it would be ‘active’ within up to a maximum of 24 hours.

It’s been over 24 hours now. How long does the process normally take?

Its my daughters watch, we got it for her birthday and she’s pestering asking when it’ll be working every hour on the hour 🙃

Thanks in advance community 🙂

Raz

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149084 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28466 Solutions

@MancRaz 

If you search the forum you'll see that it may never activate.

So many issues unfortunately.

All you can do is keep on to O2.

Message them on Social Media. Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) or give them a call on 202 or 0344 809 0202

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 6

MancRaz
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the reply @MI5 - that’s such a shame!

Looking at other threads, sometimes there are O2 admins in the community who can help. Anyone know of any that I could tag to ask for some assistance?

I’m a little old school so not too up to speed on the socials 🤓

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 149084 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28466 Solutions

@MancRaz 

Unfortunately O2 removed all the account advisors from here back in the summer.

I guess they were doing too good a job of it !

The only way now is the next to useless customer service who won't have a clue, but keep pestering them until someone escalates the issue for you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 6

MancRaz
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks again for your pointers @MI5 

I’ll give customer service a call tomorrow and let them know that if they can’t get this sorted in the next 48 hours I’ll be calling to request cancellation of my sim only contract and the eSIM. The only reason I took this contract out was to stay loyal to O2 as I’ve been a customer of theirs for a few years. 

Beyond a joke 😔

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 149084 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28466 Solutions

@MancRaz 

Good luck and you'll sure need it.

Message 6 of 6