Did you mean: 

Android Auto issues on Vauxhall Mokka & Galaxy S21

Garyp1983
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I know this is not really an o2 issue but hoping someone here is/has experienced this same issue. I bought the new Mokka and I am seeming to have issues connecting my Samsung S21 to my car via data cable to access the functions of Android Auto. My phone connects fine via Bluetooth and I can get calls/texts through car etc but the minute I plug the data cable in the phone goes into a continuous loop of opening/closing the android auto app and becomes completely unusable until I unplug the cable. Vauxhall can’t find a solution and Samsung say there are no known issues of this kind, so I’m kind of stuck 🤷‍♂️

hopefully someone out there can help 🤞 

thanks,

Gary

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9988 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@Garyp1983 

I would start by trying a different cable, as the car can be quite finickity...  

I use Android Auto all the time but in an EV (Hyundai), and usually when unplugging the cable and rebooting the phone it solves the issues. 

It might be worth asking on the Samsung Community...

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 4

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

Have you tried which mode the USB connection is using? I know that can be a problem...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 4

RafaC
Former Staff
  • 1774 Posts
  • 157 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Hey @Garyp1983 were you able to sort it out?

Message 4 of 4