Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account change by O2 without my knowledge

biggles911
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My account has my wife and 2 children on it. Or it did until 2-3 weeks ago. My 14 year old son's number has disappeared and O2 are unable to get it back onto my account. Why is O2 customer services so inept at solving problems?

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144977 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions

@biggles911 

O2 have messed up a system update which is effecting thousands of customers.

1) You can use alternative email to gain access. Give this to O2.

2) Or you can also request the original email to be released from the original account, and this can then be added to the migrated 360 account (this can take up to 28 days, however should be done sooner) 

This is a customer to customer community, not O2, so we cannot access your account, sorry.

You need to contact O2.

Message them on Social Media. Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (X) (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) or give them a call on 202 or 0344 809 0202 (contract) 4445 or 0344 8090222 (PAYG)

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
  • 144977 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions

@biggles911 

O2 have messed up a system update which is effecting thousands of customers.

1) You can use alternative email to gain access. Give this to O2.

2) Or you can also request the original email to be released from the original account, and this can then be added to the migrated 360 account (this can take up to 28 days, however should be done sooner) 

This is a customer to customer community, not O2, so we cannot access your account, sorry.

You need to contact O2.

Message them on Social Media. Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (X) (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) or give them a call on 202 or 0344 809 0202 (contract) 4445 or 0344 8090222 (PAYG)

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 9

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6779 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1519 Solutions

The reason is O2 have made a complete mess of changing their accounting and customer management system and this has caused a plethora of problems for thousands of customers.

Customer services will need to be given a new email for each of the handsets you have.

A right pain!

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 9

MI5
  • 144977 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions

@biggles911 

Once you have re-established access you can import it to your current MyO2 by obtaining delegate access.

Login to My O2 with the newly created account

From the My O2 drop-down menu select 'Manage your details'

Your delegates

Add Delegate

Enter details and add Delegate for the other accounts

You will then get an email to your associated email account, follow the link in this email.

Read the details and accept.

Enter information and submit.

Both accounts should then show on your original login.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 9

biggles911
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

hi MI5, thank you for that. If I give them another email address to tie them all in can I then change them all back to my correct email address once all numbers are back on the same account?

Message 5 of 9

MI5
  • 144977 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions

@biggles911 

If you want full access to all under one login, you need to request the original email to be released from the missing account, and this can then be added to the migrated 360 account (this can take up to 28 days, however should be done sooner) 

Currently using:
Message 6 of 9

Brummiesally
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I had a problem last month and same again and I’ve just this minute come off the phone from them and tried to get the customer service person to basically confirm that due to a system update, I’ve lost access to my account.  They want you to create a new email to use going forward.  When I explained that I don’t want another email address, they kept telling me it could be anything like a new Hotmail or yahoo just for this.   They kept missing the point that I didn’t want another email for a new user name when I was perfectly fine with my one I’ve had for 15 years!  I kept repeating to them that the system update has caused problems and he would not admit it.  He just kept saying that I can’t use an old user name for logging in! It’s not an old one to me!! 🤬 (it is to them though!)

Message 7 of 9

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36439 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1621 Solutions

You can ask them to restore your original e-mail address to your account, but it could take up to 28 days, @Brummiesally 

Message 8 of 9

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6306 Posts
  • 112 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@Brummiesally 

In message 2 above, @MI5 has described an alternative process for getting access to your account without using an alternative email account ; see point 2.

In message 4 above, @MI5 has described how, once you have re-established access, you can restore full access via your current MyO2 by using delegate access.

I hope that working through that guidance will resolve your problem. 👍

Message 9 of 9