cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About my 02 beloved number

Anonymous
Not applicable

Currently I am in Bahrain. I would not like my beloved number to be disconnected or whatever. The balance remains.

The question is, if I lose my number, what will happen? How can it be restored? I keep changing the SIM cards in my iPhone every few months to ensure that the current UK number is working. Is there a replacement sim card if the sim card is lost? I cannot seem to find the serial number on the sim card.

My work commitments are in Bahrain, so I won't be in the UK until 2023🤐

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9992 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@Anonymous 

If the number gets disconnected through none usage then it will be lost, and you need to be making a call to the UK or text, as well as topping up the sim card every 6months.  

If the number is disconnected then all credit is lost as per the T&C's

O2 won't send a replacement sim card to Bahrain, so you would have to have it delivered to the UK, and then someone will have to post it onto you in Bahrain, and you would have to call o2 to activate it as well.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9992 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@Anonymous 

If the number gets disconnected through none usage then it will be lost, and you need to be making a call to the UK or text, as well as topping up the sim card every 6months.  

If the number is disconnected then all credit is lost as per the T&C's

O2 won't send a replacement sim card to Bahrain, so you would have to have it delivered to the UK, and then someone will have to post it onto you in Bahrain, and you would have to call o2 to activate it as well.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 3

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Probably best to leave the sim card with a friend or family member in the UK

They can keep it active for you without it costing a fortune in Bahrain

Message 3 of 3