cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

£6 Travel Bolt-on - how much will my friends be charged if they call me when I'm abroad?

Spike27
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm an O2 customer and I'm going to South Africa.  I know I can buy a Travel Bolt-on for £6 per day, but I don't know what this means for my friends.

How much will friends in South Africa be charged to phone me when I'm in South Africa?

How much will friends in the UK be charged to phone me when I'm in South Africa?

I've read several help pages and tried to phone customer services and chat...  but no-one is available and I can't find the answer. I hope someone here can help.

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6615 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

UK callers using your UK number will pay the same as normal.

People on South African networks will likely be charged as an international call to the UK. The price will depend on their network 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10195 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@Spike27 

The same price as if you where at home.. so it all depends on their tariff and supplier.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 5

Enlli
  • 6615 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

UK callers using your UK number will pay the same as normal.

People on South African networks will likely be charged as an international call to the UK. The price will depend on their network 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 5

Spike27
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for your quick replies. I finally got through to O2 customer services, and they concur. Plus they said incoming calls and outgoing calls will both cost £2 per minute. i.e. a friend in south africa will be charged £2 per minute to phone me. 

I'm skeptical about this... more likely their cost will depend on their tariff (as suggested in this thread). 

Message 4 of 5

Enlli
  • 6615 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

Customer Service talking rot as usual. You pay £6 per day whenthe phone is in use, there are no other charges to call or receive and to use data.

As you suspect your South African friends will pay whatever their network charges to phone the UK. 

Message 5 of 5