Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5G no internet but did not drop down to 4G that had a service

AnnaRW
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I was put last night in Nottingham. My phone and tariff has 5G. It said I had a 5G service but I got no internet. My husband who is with EE was happily using 4G next to me.  I checked today on your sight at postcode  (NG1 5AL)I was at has no 5G service.  

I have a iPhone 13 pro 

Mobile data --> Voice & Data  = 5G Auto 

What is the fix. This is not the 1st time I have noticed this.  Your doc says that the phone should detect and drop down to 4G it did not, it dropped to 3G but bumping back to 5G.  

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149522 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28499 Solutions

@AnnaRW 

In these situations, rebooting the phone usually sorts it out.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 5

AnnaRW
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks I have done that . Will test it over the weekend as I am out and about.  Is there anywhere I can check  on the phone that it is working optimally.  5G when it works so far seems slow initially and then bursty.   

Message 3 of 5

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7953 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1652 Solutions

That area is not officially covered by 5G but is on the fringe of a 5G area.

I have seen this before on O2, EE and Vodafone where the phone reports 5G but cannot connect to a signal.

Not a lot at this stage which can be done, it's a quirk of what is called None Stand Alone 5G Yes, it should drop down but it doesn't seem to happen in a lot of cases 

It will disappear when 5G coverage improves and Stand Alone 5G becomes the norm.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 5

RafaC
Former Staff
  • 1774 Posts
  • 157 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Hey @AnnaRW were you able to sort it out?

Message 5 of 5