Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4g

Debz-13
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My daughter brought me an iPhone a while back and last night I got a laptop , but for some reason I got a msg on my phone that 02 was stopping 4g ?????I don’t have a clue why but I need my phone and because my daughter brought me it I thought a laptop would be good to have as some things are hard to do on my phone

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Debz-13 

This is a system generated message when they do maintenance work on your local transmitter.

Just reboot your phone and it will return.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Keithf
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 17 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Did the msg you got say to contact them to change networks and they can get you a good deal or similar?

If so it will be a scam, don't click any links or contact them with any of your details.

Why would O2 stop 4G when it is the most up to date technology (discounting 5G which has very limited coverage at the moment)?

They might be dropping the old 2G which some networks are dropping around Dec 2022 but they wont be dropping 4G.

Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Debz-13 

This is a system generated message when they do maintenance work on your local transmitter.

Just reboot your phone and it will return.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3