Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R1CH13
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Moved to O2 from Tesco mobile for the only reason is to use My Apple Watch brand new from apple.

Thought I did the right thing not to pair until my number was successfully ported over.

I’ve just have a contract 2 year sim only for my iPhone which works perfectly.

But trying to set up the mobile data for the watch I can’t get anywhere just keep doing this.

Oops, something went wrong. Try again and if the problem continues call 202 for free from your O2 mobile, quoting reference code 106

202 have no idea what to do apart from fobbing me off to get me off the call. 

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

R1CH13
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Ok Im got kind of impatient so I’ve cancelled my o2 contract as within my cooling off period and went into EE yesterday (Friday) to sign up there. But did a quick test and my phone went past the point of error that O2 did. 
I have just got to wait until Monday for my number to be ported over before setting up mobile data properly.
So my findings are yes it’s definitely something on O2 and not Apple as EE seems to want to go to activate with no issues. 
Im not promoting EE it is the only phone shop I have in town that I can actually see and speak to a person as we have no O2 shops. 

In short if you have just signed up try 202 if they can’t resolve 106error first time as it’s been going on for months going by the treads on here, my advice would save your self weeks of phone calls and messages and try another provider Vodafone or EE 

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93922 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7017 Solutions

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 using the links below, they should be able to help you with this

or give them a call on 202  or 0344 809 0202

Message 2 of 11

R1CH13
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Just wish they understood what I was asking, no one seems to grasp the problem or have any reasonable solution.

last response was send the watch back to apple and buy one from us. 

Message 3 of 11

djaychela
  • 33 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Any luck with this?  I'm in the same boat (from Tesco, same error, same fobbing off and cluelessness on 202).

Message 4 of 11

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9098 Posts
  • 207 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@R1CH13 @djaychela 

Looking at the Community Forums of the other network operators, this problem with setting up Apple watches s not just confined to O2.   

Message 5 of 11

R1CH13
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

unfortunately no solution, I’ve tried there Facebook site & 202 & on here, and tried no end of things from deleting devices and re installing also changing settings but what ever the problem is it’s a connection issue with the server not with the phone. There is a huge amount of people on O2 from Tesco with the problem.

I’ve seen a few on other operators but seems to be related to watches physically brought in America and brought back to the UK. 
im going to try EE at the weekend see if there sim works as I can’t see this being resolved soon. 

Message 6 of 11

R1CH13
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I have seen some, but not to the extent of Tesco to O2 change.

The last fix on o2 side was a phone update solved it, but guess as mine has the latest update as with the watch it no longer works 

Message 7 of 11

R1CH13
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Ok Im got kind of impatient so I’ve cancelled my o2 contract as within my cooling off period and went into EE yesterday (Friday) to sign up there. But did a quick test and my phone went past the point of error that O2 did. 
I have just got to wait until Monday for my number to be ported over before setting up mobile data properly.
So my findings are yes it’s definitely something on O2 and not Apple as EE seems to want to go to activate with no issues. 
Im not promoting EE it is the only phone shop I have in town that I can actually see and speak to a person as we have no O2 shops. 

In short if you have just signed up try 202 if they can’t resolve 106error first time as it’s been going on for months going by the treads on here, my advice would save your self weeks of phone calls and messages and try another provider Vodafone or EE 

Message 8 of 11

djaychela
  • 33 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@R1CH13- thanks for posting back here - I think I will see if I can make some progress with EE, and then if so port my number over to them and then cancel with O2 as this is ridiculous - it's been 3 weeks, and I've spent over 6 hours on the phone to them, to no avail.

Message 9 of 11

R1CH13
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Well My number finally ported over to EE, at 10am Monday.

I used the app we all struggled with and within 5 minutes signed up and connected.

No error 106 just straight forward. 

So I will say my good by's to O2 and thanks for this forum which seemed much more help than 202 and good luck to the rest currently struggling with the situation.   

Message 10 of 11