Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0843 numbers

I8scammers
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi. I receive 0843 incoming calls regularly. One ring, then cuts off. I called one back in error once and had£1 deducted from my PAYG balance. I've been blocking them as they come in. Can I block all permanently? Is 02 aware of any scams or are people/organisations allowed to do this?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147094 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28289 Solutions

@I8scammers 

There are many scams going around at the moment.

Just ignore and block the numbers. 

How to report them here https://www.o2.co.uk/help/safety-and-security/phishing-and-smishing-advice

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 3

TallTrees
Level 50: Versatile
  • 11053 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 364 Solutions

Wow  @I8scammers that must have been the quickest £1.00 ever ~ so sorry to hear that. These are despicable relentless shifty nasty people always searching for the off-guard. Please be so careful with all your incoming phone-calls texts and email messages. 

Put that £1.00 down to experience ~ 

Thanks for posting on here so others with PAYGO can read it too.

Take care, look after ALL your personal information ~ be aware that scammers are also searching facebook and other social media don't put up any personal information.

Best wishes and welcome to the o2 Community Forum

TallTrees

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 3 of 3