Did you mean: 

TU Go is closing 30th November

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hey all,

We see some of you have already spotted this but we wanted to confirm that the TU Go app & service will be ending on 30th November. We’ll be notifying all customers that have the TU Go app about this from today, Tuesday 17th October, through to Friday 20th October.

While TU Go is ending, we’re continuing to offer alternative calling options for our customers. More information can be found here. As VoWifi (Voice over Wifi, part of our Wifi and 4G calling capabilities) continues to develop, we’re working with our vendors to expand the selection of handsets that we offer with Wifi and 4G calling capabilities. A full list of currently supported devices can be found here, where we will also add future devices when they’re available.

If the device you’re currently using doesn’t support Wifi and 4G calling, you can check the My O2 app or get in touch with our customer service team (202 from an O2 Pay Monthly mobile, 8002 from O2 Business mobile) to see what upgrade options are available to you.

We recommend that all TU Go users make copies of any stored messages or images that they have saved on the TU Go app, as the app won’t be accessible from 1 December.

A thank you
We know that some of our O2 Community members helped test the TU Go app during beta trials and provided varied and fantastic feedback which helped our team shape the app, add new features and fix any bugs. We hope you’ve enjoyed using TU Go, and again want to thank anyone from the O2 Community that helped us.

More information on the closure of TU Go can be found here: https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/tu-go

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 4 of 1,062
1,061 REPLIES 1,061

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
O2 previously said the 6 wasn’t compatible but I had it working on my wife’s phone.
When challenged, O2 said that it may work on a 6 but they couldn’t support it as it wasn’t approved by them.
Bottom line is, it works but not officially.

Interesting! Though actually is showing on the list as being compatible....Confused

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 311 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable
I live in an area where coverage requires TuGo or similar. You will lose my business to another supplier when you close TuGo, unless you support my Lumia 950xl phone. Please advise.
Message 312 of 1,062

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
You and many others will be leaving.
No Lumia devices will be supported any further for anything from O2.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 313 of 1,062

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Ah, i guess that has been updated now.
It wouldn’t be the first time a customer found out something about the O2 network before O2 did!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 314 of 1,062

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Absolutely shameful. I wouldn't mind but the closure of Tu is something that must have been decided a long time ago...yet poor customers get less than 6 weeks notice? Smiley Mad

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 315 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why is o2 closing down TuGo before letting us use text on wi fi calling. The technology is there. EE and Three are combining wi fi calling and text. I live in a valley in Cornwall at sea level there is no chance ever of getting a proper mobile signal ever

Message 316 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tu go is the only reason i have been loyal to o2 for the past 5 years. I dont get reception at home or in my office but tu go ensures i always get texts and calls. I will be looking for another provider if this decision is not reviewed. 

Message 317 of 1,062

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
We don’t know but the arrogance of O2 says we don’t need Tugo anymore.

Currently using:
Message 318 of 1,062

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
We don’t know but the arrogance of O2 says O2 don’t need Tugo anymore.

There,  fixed it for you... 

Message 319 of 1,062

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

@madasaf1sh wrote:

Hang on, you signed up for a contract where you knew you had poor signal, and relied on TU to make use of your contract, then in my view you have no comeback...

As TU doesn’t form part of your contract, as it is an added service, then you will either have to see out the end of your contract or pay it off..

Very harsh. Many people stayed with O2 because TU allowed them to use their phone at home or at work or even in remote places. O2 have made a point of pushing this as a reason to stay with O2. I have no signal barely in this hospital for the last 5 months so I rely on TU. Yes it's an add on but one we've had for many years. Now O2 are removing what is a lifeline for many. 

You need to think about people's circumstances before criticising their actions. 

Message 320 of 1,062