O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Level 1: Joiner
Accepted Solution

TuGo Charges

I'm a little unclear as to how TuGo works if I am abroad.

If I am in the USA and I call home (UK) over wifi, do I get charged as if I am in the UK ie. my normal tarrif rates or will I get charged as if I am roamimg in the USA over a cellular network?

Thanks .... Martin

Topics: 448
Solutions: 7,481

Re: TuGo Charges

If using wifi and Tugo you get charged as if you were at home so if you have allowances it is effectively free to call uk numbers. Calling non uk numbers will incur international call charges though.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Xperia Z5 Dual (O2 & Sfr) and Z3 Tablet (Three UK)
iPhone7 (EE)

nil desperandum

As long as you are using WiFi the calls or texts are from your UK allowances. If you want to be sure or are doubtful put flight mode on and switch wifi back on or simply remove your sim card whilst calling. 

Level 1: Joiner

Thanks all for the clear response.

Martin
Topics: 448
Solutions: 7,481

No worries mate. Enjoy your trip.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Xperia Z5 Dual (O2 & Sfr) and Z3 Tablet (Three UK)
iPhone7 (EE)

nil desperandum

Yes have a great trip..... hope there are no big airport delays! Smiley Happy

Head of Community

And thank you guys for helping @jonsie + @MI5 Hero 

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community