Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e - My Thoughts.

SamsungFanBoy
Level 13: Prompter
  • 256 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 5 Solutions

I got the Galaxy Tab S5e yesterday to replace my Tab S4 that had seen better days and I've got to say how much I prefer it!

I always saw the Galaxy Tab S5e as being a mid range tablet that looked good but probably wouldn't be the best solution for me because I prefer the high end devices but I was wrong, it's perfect!

The screen may not have quite as many pixels as it's predecessor, the Tab S4 but it's nothing major. The screen quality is excellent and nothing looks pixelated at all.

The audio is out of this world! The speakers are far better than what's on the Tab S4. You don't really need an external speaker, everything is loud, crisp and there's good bass too! Certainly the best bass I've ever heard on a tablet before!
As a result of this louder volume, when connected via Bluetooth to my Google Home speaker or when connected to other speakers I have, the volume is much louder and clearer than it was on the Tab S4.

I much prefer the aluminium back on the Tab S5e to the glass back on the Tab S4, it doesn't get full of fingerprints and looks and feels more premium.

It's so thin and light to hold that you don't even know you're holding it. I've sat typing on it while holding it like a phone for quite some time and didn't have the urge to put it down like I would with the Tab S4 because it's quite heavy in comparison.

This device has a fingerprint reader built into the power button which I quite like because the button is now a different shape to the volume rocker so you're not accidentally pressing the power button instead of the volume and vice versa.
The fingerprint scanner seems to be working well so far, no complaints there.
There is also face recognition as well as pattern and pin etc.

I've ordered the Book Cover case for it which looks very nice.

All in all, if you're looking for a tablet that looks and feels premium but isn't as expensive as the Tab S6 then this is the one for you to get!
Samsung are also doing a promotion where they're giving new Galaxy Tab S5e customers £50 cashback. What's not to like! 😛

11 Comments
Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122117 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

Great to hear your thoughts @SamsungFanBoy  It sounds like a nice piece of kit wink

What screen size is it?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do these things come with 4G or are they just WiFi?

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92812 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6909 Solutions

Sounds good, nice recommendation smiling

SamsungFanBoy
  • 256 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 5 Solutions

@Anonymous yes they come with 4G compatibility when purchased from a carrier such as O2 slight_smile

SamsungFanBoy
  • 256 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 5 Solutions
@Cleoriff it is, I love it. slight_smile
SamsungFanBoy
  • 256 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 5 Solutions
@jonsie I'm really pleased with it slight_smile
Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Thanks for writing up a review of your thoughts on the Tab! I've just caught up and had a read through. Do you take pictures with it too or do you use other devices for that purpose, @SamsungFanBoy ? slight_smile

SamsungFanBoy
  • 256 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 5 Solutions
@Marjo I don't use my tablet for photos, I never have. I've always used my phone for photos. I just prefer to do that. slight_smile
pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35052 Posts
  • 222 Topics
  • 1557 Solutions

Gotta have good sound... I wonder how they do it in something so thin? 

Nice write-up, @SamsungFanBoy

SamsungFanBoy
  • 256 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 5 Solutions
@pgn the AKG technology in the 4 speakers on it. Gotta love a bit of German technology wink
Luke30
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 389 Posts
  • 131 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I take photos with my Samsung Galaxy Tap s5e and they come out very good.