cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 VR Viewer Review

Anonymous
Not applicable

The bad first...

The instructions are next to useless, the pictures are too small, we gave up and just put it together through luck. A QR code perhaps to a YouTube video would be better?

There's no band to keep it on your head, given there are holes to thread something through, I thought there might be.

Another QR to link through to some games, you tube videos or even the Google cardboard app would be a good place to start. 

The sticky pad to keep your phone in place just didn't work for my iphone6 for more than a minute. I didn't even dare try my 950XL for fear of it dropping on the floor...!

The good...

The Google cardboard app is great for taking you through set up and some example demos. It was late through this we realised that we hasn't punched through the hole for the finder/thumb.. It did ask us to scan some code on our headset which we didn't have so it set itself up as a default one. I have no idea if having this code would be a good thing given it seemed to work OK.

We also played vanguard V which was excellent fun, a game where you are flying between planets (?) dodging enemy fire and firing back at... Something... The instructions were a bit sparse, but it was a giggle.

One other note, watch yourself when you put it down, it is actually pretty immersive, despite the shortcomings and we felt a little disorientated for a few seconds after using it!

(we in all of this was myself and my 10 year old daughter)

3 Comments
Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous I will ask @Toby to move your review to the correct section. The Forum team will place it in the Knowledge Base when appropriate...(well done on the review by the way) wink

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Great to see your review @Anonymous! I have moved your review, so that it has its own blog page :). Well done and welcome!

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Great review @Anonymous gives a good picture of what it's like to use the headset slight_smile