Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's
Community Manager

Sneak peak of new features

Hey guys,

how are you doing today? I have an update from Greg, which I am posting below. Let us know what you think.

"Hi All, 

We’d like to give you a sneak peak of some work due to go live in Priority this quarter, feel free share your thoughts below.

What is it?:

In the video you’ll see a screen capture of our new audio feature. This will allow people to listen to audio such as Calm within the app. As part of the release we will be adding drawer functionality, meaning audio can play in the background while browsing. 

A bit of background:
For a while we have been working to add content to the app (blog, video, audio) . The general idea is to better showcase offers up front, as well as serving ‘post event’ content such as recaps from events. 

As always if you’d be interested in a 121 session please reach out, we’d love to hear you thoughts and the share more work with you. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? See if the My O2 how-to guide will help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

Topics: 577
Solutions: 4,199

Re: Sneak peak of new features

Very handy although I doubt I will use the new feature

I will explore though

Community Manager

@jonsie I think its super cool - I love listenign to stuff while I use apps so this is right up my street

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Community Manager

What do you guys think of the new feature? @jonsie @Cleoriff @pgn @liggerz87 @KatyBurckhardt @MI5 @adamtemp64 @gmarkj @jezza1234 @PhoneChanger @madasaf1sh 

signature

Level 29: Intuitive

Hi @LukasB to be honest I think that's a really cool feature, being able to listen to things in the background is something I use now (mainly from music / YouTube).

What would be good in the example used (Calm) would be to be able to have a preview of what's on offer (and for use in the background) before committing to any main trial / monthly agreement.

Will it remain in the background once I close the priority app?
Level 40: Notorious

Hi @LukasB

I think the idea is sound.

And i agree with @PhoneChanger, its better as a short preview, before commiting.

As long as nothing is set to autoplay, then people will use it.
Current Phone: Motorola Razr 5g
I also have a Planet Computers Gemini

I work in IT as an Enterprise Messaging and Collaboration Tools Administrator (Office 365, Slack and much much more) and manage hardware both Mobile and Desktop / laptop, my desk is a bit like PC World

--
We are all customers and dont have access to any o2 accounts
Community Manager

@PhoneChanger @madasaf1sh had to double check this but here is what Greg told me:

The audio player will continue to play when the phone is closed, you will see your native phone controls along with a preview image while your phone is locked. 

When you first click on audio content you will go to a page which provides an overview, along with links to other related content.

The Calm audio content will be accessible within the app - no need to sign up to a plan

signature

Level 1: Joiner

It looks like a good feature, one that I may explore
Topics: 140
Solutions: 91

Interesting developments - I am trying to imagine what content will play on there - it'd need to cycle through all audio/video unprompted to make people want to find out more... Clever, if that is how it is going to work.
Most Random Thread.pngMost Useful Guide.pngWe cannot access your account
Level 19: Quirky

Ye don't have auto play I think it a good idea I agree with a few others like pgn madasa and phone changer