Did you mean: 

Priority Onboarding

GarethWyn
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 5 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi everyone,

“Freedom day” has been and we’re now starting to get back to some kind of normality! But what we’d love to know about is your thoughts around onboarding onto Priority. This might be a little long winded today, so bear with me!

Onboarding is when you’re a new customer to a product or service and it’s that initial stage of getting you set up. An example could be onboarding onto TikTok, you’re asked for your email and to create a password, asked for your birthday and what username you’d like, before picking what you’re interested in and then getting a little demo of how the app works.

Today for you, we have a couple of questions and a couple of images to show you what onboarding with Priority currently looks like, what it could look like, and to find out what you think could work the best. The images are by no means finalised so please take them with a pinch of salt, the content is a flavour of what you might expect, but a start to help us get to know your thoughts.

unnamed (2).png

unnamed (3).png

Questions

• Have you been onboarded onto a new product or service recently? If so, what was the best part of the process?
  • What would you like us to know to help make your Priority experience better from the beginning?
  • What are the main differences between the current and proposed onboarding process? Do you agree with the changes?
  • Focusing on the preference capture section, what are your thoughts? Is this easier to complete? Does splitting the information like this make sense? Are you likely to fill this in?
  • Looking at the notification section specifically, what are your thoughts on the changes? Would you be more likely to turn on some but not all if you had the choice?
  • You may have noticed we’ve taken out location services. We think this could be better placed as an on/off toggle in the “nearby” section. What do you think?

Look forward to reading all your thoughts.

Gareth

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

pgn
Level 54: Stellar
  • 19485 Posts
  • 155 Topics
  • 212 Solutions

Hi @GarethWyn - are you from O2 Priority?  Perhaps this post should be posted on your behalf by one of the board Managers, @TheresaV or @LukasB?

WhatIWonNotCS
Message 2 of 9

gmarkj
Level 53: Renowned
  • 7713 Posts
  • 86 Topics
  • 425 Solutions

I'm guessing yes from this post...

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Priority-Research-Panel/Welcome-Gareth/m-p/1468667#M207 

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 9

GarethWyn
  • 5 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hey @pgn, yes I'm one of the UX Designers working on Priority. I've taken over from Greg who used to do all of the research from our team. The team still post on my behalf but are now able to link my account to the post instead slight_smile 

Message 4 of 9

LukasB
  • 1776 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Hey @pgn yes Gareth part of the team - we thought it would be cool if he actually posted some of these himself. We did a welcome thread before for him to introduce him. We just wanted to switch things up a bit 😀

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 5 of 9

pgn
Level 54: Stellar
  • 19485 Posts
  • 155 Topics
  • 212 Solutions

@GarethWyn wrote:

Hey @pgn, yes I'm one of the UX Designers working on Priority. I've taken over from Greg who used to do all of the research from our team. The team still post on my behalf but are now able to link my account to the post instead slight_smile 

Cool!  I just saw the "Level 1: Joiner" and did a double-take when reading the post!

Welcome - I did miss @LukasB's post from back in June, tbf 🙄

WhatIWonNotCS
Message 6 of 9

KatyBurckhardt
  • 21 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Have you been onboarded onto a new product or service recently? If so, what was the best part of the process?

I was recently invited to join deliveroo who offered £10 off across first 4 orders over £20, sounds great but it's really £2.50 off if you spend enough so not great.

What would you like us to know to help make your Priority experience better from the beginning?

More customisation options like shown above would be fantastic

What are the main differences between the current and proposed onboarding process? Do you agree with the changes?

I think it looks great, being able to personalise and set up your account in so few steps is really appealing

Focusing on the preference capture section, what are your thoughts? Is this easier to complete? Does splitting the information like this make sense? Are you likely to fill this in?

I would be very likely to fill that in, it looks easy to understand and complete and it's visually appealing, you don't get fatigue looking at it.

Looking at the notification section specifically, what are your thoughts on the changes? Would you be more likely to turn on some but not all if you had the choice?

I do prefer to tailor my notifications, I prefer to only get notifications when needed.

You may have noticed we’ve taken out location services. We think this could be better placed as an on/off toggle in the “nearby” section. What do you think?

I do prefer being able to toggle my location settings, so that would be good for me. Some people don't like wasting battery on location settings.

Message 7 of 9

liggerz87
Level 19: Quirky
  • 1239 Posts
  • 97 Topics
  • 14 Solutions

I think a mixture of the 2 one were it gives and option to customise to tailer to you or a quick way to do it most the time I just want to get it over and done with as quick as possible kinda like done and forget I can't remember the last time I did the on boarding thing so don't really remember sorry

Message 8 of 9

gmarkj
Level 53: Renowned
  • 7713 Posts
  • 86 Topics
  • 425 Solutions
  • Have you been onboarded onto a new product or service recently? If so, what was the best part of the process?
    • Not really. Signed up for most things now so don't need any new accounts!
  • What would you like us to know to help make your Priority experience better from the beginning?
    •  
  • What are the main differences between the current and proposed onboarding process? Do you agree with the changes?
    • Looks a lot cleaner and more polished. Seems to now have an option to skip the personalisation stage. Now includes what can we send you notifications for.
  • Focusing on the preference capture section, what are your thoughts? Is this easier to complete? Does splitting the information like this make sense? Are you likely to fill this in?
    • Fewer options, so easier to complete. Liked the old split of alone/with others, but not sure it translates to the new format.
  • Looking at the notification section specifically, what are your thoughts on the changes? Would you be more likely to turn on some but not all if you had the choice?
    • Better control of notifications, and allows people to choose what/how they want to see.
  • You may have noticed we’ve taken out location services. We think this could be better placed as an on/off toggle in the “nearby” section. What do you think?
    • Agree, a toggle on/off if you want it is a good step.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 9 of 9