Did you mean: 

Music Discovery

LukasB
Former Staff
  • 1776 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Hi All,  Hope you’re all well and enjoying the sun! ☀️☀️☀️

It is time to ask for your opinion again. You know that the Priority App will be shaped by you so we are super grateful for any opinion you can give us on these topics. This week it is all about music…

As venues start to open up, we’re looking to improve our tickets experience in Priority. Over the last month we’ve explored ways of previewing a song before buying a ticket. 

We’re able to do this by integrating with Apple Music, the good news is you don’t have to be an Apple Music customer to use the feature. 

What you see:

Below you’ll see two use-cases: 

The first set within an article, this might be a written piece about a specific artist

Playlist.png

The second will be a module that introduces ‘artist of the week’, this would be visible on the Explore page and would allow us to showcase emerging talent. 

Music player test - Explore.jpg

Some thoughts:

• Would you like to hear a preview of a song before purchasing a ticket? If so why?
  • Would you be more inclined to explore an artist you aren’t aware of?
  • Which music streaming service do you currently use? (I don’t is also a perfectly fine answer!) 
  • Any other observations and thoughts?

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 104821 Posts
  • 782 Topics
  • 5185 Solutions

Hi @LukasB 

Some thoughts:

• Would you like to hear a preview of a song before purchasing a ticket? If so why?
  • No. When buying tikets in the past, I know what the artist sounds like.
  •  
  • Rarely. I know who I like and would only buy tickets for those artists
  • Which music streaming service do you currently use? (I don’t is also a perfectly fine answer!)
  • I don't use any.
  • Make sure tickets go on sale at the same time as the artists own website. When I was buying tickets for the Prodigy, their own website opened at 9am. Priority 10am.

*The Game Is On*

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 12

gmarkj
Level 53: Renowned
  • 7711 Posts
  • 86 Topics
  • 421 Solutions

Hi @LukasB . My thoughts on these questions:

• Having the option would be great so if it were for someone new you could get an idea of what you are in for. However if I were buying a ticket chances are I would know who the artist was as I would like their music enough to go see them!
    • Possibly - say if I had heard one song (or part of a song) then I might look at them. there are so many options to find their music though that I wouldn't immediately look at Priority for this.
    • Normally Amazon Music, but also use YouTube for music videos. 
    • The two examples below are useful both in terms of giving more information about an artist, and introducing people to new artists.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 12

madasaf1sh
Level 53: Renowned
  • 3374 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 734 Solutions

Hey @LukasB 

I don't think a song being played will entice me to buy a ticket to a gig, as I normally have done my research before booking a ticket. 

Also other media services and radio already play new artists and that is where i would find these bands before looking at gigs etc, 

I use Radio such as Kerrang Radio and Radio Player, and also Spotify and YT Music depending on device... 

Current Phone: Motorola Razr 5g
I also have a Planet Computers Gemini

I work in IT as an Enterprise Messaging and Collaboration Tools Administrator (Office 365, Slack and much much more) and manage hardware both Mobile and Desktop / laptop, my desk is a bit like PC World

--
We are all customers and dont have access to any o2 accounts

Message 4 of 12

LukasB
  • 1776 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Thanks guys for the quick replies - all answers are noted @madasaf1sh @Cleoriff @gmarkj 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 5 of 12

MI5
  • 120705 Posts
  • 605 Topics
  • 18176 Solutions
I haven't been to a gig for the last 30 years so I'm unlikely to go now regardless of what the priority app does.
All my music needs are catered for by Amazon Music and Spotify.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Message 6 of 12

LukasB
Former Staff
  • 1776 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Maybe you should go to a gig with me @MI5 joy

signature

Message 7 of 12

jonsie
  • 85248 Posts
  • 591 Topics
  • 4463 Solutions

I think music previews are great

I hardly recognise the names of todays popular artists and bands

Still wouldn't buy any tickets though, I'm way past my sell-by date

Message 8 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 104821 Posts
  • 782 Topics
  • 5185 Solutions

@LukasB wrote:

Why? Will you take him into the mosh pit @LukasB joy

jump around hiphop GIF

*The Game Is On*

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 12

MI5
  • 120705 Posts
  • 605 Topics
  • 18176 Solutions

@LukasB wrote:

Take no offence mate, but I'd rather stick pins in my eyes dizzy

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Message 10 of 12