Did you mean: 

How to capture your interests?

GarethWyn
Level 4: Observant
  • 25 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi everyone,

This week we’re looking to find out more about how we can best capture your interests. We know that Priority isn’t always relevant for you from previous research. To improve that, we’d like your help with our preference capture to understand more about you.

Preference Capture.jpg

Questions
  • What are your interests? What are you looking for on Priority?
  • Does this method work with how you want to tell us about your interests?
  • How many options would you be likely to choose?
  • Would you be likely to fill this in as a new customer?
  • Are there any other comments you’d like to make?

If you can comment with your answers below, we'd really appreciate that. Please feel free to ask any questions too. Would love to hear from as many of you as possible.

Thanks very much,

Gareth

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

pgn
Level 63: Greatness Assured
  • 24126 Posts
  • 176 Topics
  • 677 Solutions

Slight re-ordering of the bullet-points to help me organise my answers, @GarethWyn 

1. Present the new customer with a high-level list of broad interest areas at registration
  2. Ask them to select 2 or 3 from a list of maybe 6 or 8.
  3. When they log-in first-time, their interest "bubbles" will be there to explore/refine.

Offers, Prizes, Discounts, Days Out, Music, Films, Events...

The method shown in the graphic above is probably good as it keeps choices "constrained" - free-text entries can be difficult to get into the right category.

Between 3 and 5, most likely - unless there were sub-categories, eg Film genres, or Holiday vs Voucher prizes

Yes:

1. "What things do you like to do for yourself?" is better written as "What are your interests?" in the left-hand "bubble" section of the graphic above.
  2. There needs to be a "Done" button and a "Cancel" button at each point, and a "Reset" that puts the customer back to the start of the process - or back to the areas they picked upon registration.

Otherwise the overall direction seems to be good - keep on trucking 👍

O2CommunityAwardNotCS

O2 Social Media
SM Icons(Twitter | Instagram | Facebook)

Message 2 of 11

Spenny
Level 8: Talented
  • 128 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 11 Solutions

Hi @GarethWyn 

My interests? I have what I would consider a small set of interests but their priority changes depending on my current life circumstance. One thing stays nearer the top whatever though - Running.

Back to the interests though for Priority

• Sports, leisure - Running, Cycling and Walking
  • DIY - always like to get stuff repaired or done around the house myself (good learning opportunity as well)
  • Watching movies (sometimes in cinema (anyone heard of Marvel), often streaming services
    Food - sometimes kid friendly restaurants more often take out for home

• I am always looking for a voucher or a trial on any of my interests.  The interests change depending on the life circumstances - kids in school/ out of school, busy/relaxed at work, planning for a holiday
  • Competitions are always a good shout and get my interest
  • If you were to twin a competition with a survey then could be quid-pro-quo
    Food vouchers, like the Greggs one that you do on Priority.  Don't use often as a I have a Pret closer to my workplace than a Greggs (pity)

Does this method work with how you want to tell us about your interests? Somewhat does as it allows me to fit my interests to those there which are quite extensive.

• How many options would you be likely to choose?  At least one under each of the interest areas that I mentioned above.

• Would you be likely to fill this in as a new customer? Well as I previously new customer I did fill it in but that was because I had been directed to priority from the community.  Something think a competition to win something (voucher, part paid bill) is a good hook to get new customers to come sign up. Then depends on what is on the sections as to whether they come back.

• Are there any other comments you’d like to make? Took me a long time to write all that because I was watching TV at the same time (BBC iPlayer - Missions. If anyone is interested. Had me hooked. 
  • This also made me go and have a look at what is new on Priority.... 
Motorola G100 128GB
Message 3 of 11

Luke30
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 339 Posts
  • 103 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My interests are volunteering and going for walks like in the country sides and going to gym classes and travelling on the cotch and on the train and going to the cinema and eating or having a hot or cold drink at costa or at Cafe nero or at Subway or as mcdonald's or burger King or KFC or at greggs and one last thing is going to the theatres.

LGreenwood
Message 4 of 11

GarethWyn
  • 25 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @pgn @Spenny @Luke30 for your responses. A couple of follow ups on this one:

1. Do you expect there to be a save button or do you expect it to autosave once changes are made?
2. Do you think it would make the selection something like: "Please select a minimum of 5 interests"
3. Would you like to be prompted to update your preferences once or twice throughout the year? Or would you be likely to interact with an "Update your preferences" banner in the app mid scroll?

4. If the app were to recognise that you've selected a particular "type" of offer several times over a number of occasions, would you like it to automatically add that to your interests so that it can appear in 'For You'?

Message 5 of 11

L_W_Ward
Level 11: Motivator
  • 579 Posts
  • 41 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

personally, I always look out for the freebies or big discounts on tech items/O2 offers. It’s mainly ,y the freebies though.

yes, simple ways to select what we want. Its easy. 

no more then what’s on the screen. I do these a lot and get bored when the page is full of them and lie! Keep it categorised and easy to select. 

yes

no

iPhone 13 Pro Max,
iPad Pro 12.9 2018,
iPad Mini Series 6,
Apple Watch Series 7 Graphite (Smarty),
Apple Watch Series 6 Sport (Bluey),
Airpod Pro,
Apple TV 4K,
Apple TV HD,
HomePods,
Message 6 of 11

Spenny
Level 8: Talented
  • 128 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 11 Solutions

1. Do you expect there to be a save button or do you expect it to autosave once changes are made?

Intuitively I would expect a Finish, save or apply button to know that it had saved my preferences, otherwise I would feel I have to go back to check it had been done.  The one time an autosave did not work (whether O2 end or my end) it would leave doubt in my mind about whether it had saved each time going forwards.

2. Do you think it would make the selection something like: "Please select a minimum of 5 interests"

Is there a reason behind asking for a minimum number of interests? What if the main things you want to be notified about are less than 5.

3. Would you like to be prompted to update your preferences once or twice throughout the year? Or would you be likely to interact with an "Update your preferences" banner in the app mid scroll?

A prompt a couple of times a year would be a nice catch to ensure that I update preferences based on any life changes. prefer to either go and make the preference change or the notification about it, rather than it always being there, that I have to scroll past.

4. If the app were to recognise that you've selected a particular "type" of offer several times over a number of occasions, would you like it to automatically add that to your interests so that it can appear in 'For You'?

Easy answer - Yes.  

Motorola G100 128GB
Message 7 of 11

pgn
Level 63: Greatness Assured
  • 24126 Posts
  • 176 Topics
  • 677 Solutions

A double set of questions, eh, @GarethWyn 😉

- A save button makes it obvious, but either would do, so long as there is always a way to edit preferences visible somewhere obvious.

- More like "Please select between 3 and 5 interests - you can modify these at any time in the [settings|preferences|options] menu".

- The second option would suit me, but if the app "learns" what you like, is there a need for a "nag" feature?

- Sure - but with a little note to say it has done that, and the option to not save or learn that way, I think.

Looking forward to seeing how this newfangled app looks and feels now... 👍

O2CommunityAwardNotCS

O2 Social Media
SM Icons(Twitter | Instagram | Facebook)

Message 8 of 11

gmarkj
Level 59: Quartermaster
  • 8916 Posts
  • 90 Topics
  • 701 Solutions
    • Got asked this in an interview the other day so had to quickly come up with something! Reading, music, movies, family time, playing games (board, console and mobile), walking, DIY & woodworking
    • On priority a combination of money off offers, competitions and offers on the above list of interests.
    • Probably not! I think it would be good to take an initial selection from a short list, and then evolve as people view/use the offers in priority - so if you select music/gigs, and then look at tickets for a few artists it might say do you like this genre of music.
    • From the initial list probably 5 or 6 should be enough, but they would need to be fairly broad to try and incorporate something for everyone.
    • Yes, more so if there is some indication of why and what I stand to gain
    • No

It should autosave either as you make changes or as you cycle through screens (so pressing a "next" button for instance)

Not sure. Minimum numbers are not always going to get someone to pick the correct ones.

Depends on how the update notification comes through - would that be when you open the app and it shows a banner, or as you scroll through at the appropriate time?

Yes that would make sense and shows that the app evolves with the user(s).

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 9 of 11

GarethWyn
  • 25 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the detailed responses, everyone! Amazing info - really appreciate it.

Message 10 of 11