Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

zoom call%20charges

HATstar
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have just been charged over £130 for joining a zoom meeting on my phone lasting 54 minutes I don't understand why?

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@HATstar Any way you look at it, whatever numbers being offered were coming from Zoom, not O2. Had you joined online using video, you could have just turned your camera off and had audio only. Would have saved you a lot of money. We do sympathise, but there's nothing you can do about this.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 11 of 15

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9992 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
@HATstar

The meeting organiser has screwed up, im afraid as they have given you a Chicago dial in number and have just gone on the defaults set.

For Future reference, these are the local dial in numbers for Zoom (All Conferencing tools offer Local Numbers - not always for Free / consumer versions).

https://zoom.us/zoomconference
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 12 of 15

Poppysmum
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions
Read this and found it useful because i have been asked to video chat on laptop and phone and always reject. Wont bother now i don't want a big phone bill
Message 13 of 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Poppysmum wrote:
Read this and found it useful because i have been asked to video chat on laptop and phone and always reject. Wont bother now i don't want a big phone bill

It's perfectly safe as long as you dial a UK number.

I'm on calls all day long and don't have any issues.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 15

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
I spend more time on calls for work than I do working (i'm sure i'm not the only one that this is true of) and no problems.
As others say, you can choose to use or block your camera, so that's not an issue (thank god!).

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 15 of 15