Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

wont let me ring out!

I am in Spain at the present and until yesterday I was able to receive and ring out on my pay and go mobile. for some reason it stopped letting me ring out . I can receive calls and also send and receive texts. I talked to some o2 adviser last night and he told me that it was probably a faulty sim card . So I changed to another sim card and they switched my number over to it. However the same thing has happened and I still cant ring out. Someone has suggested the o2 has disabled my international roaming. Could this be the cause as this is my business phone.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: wont let me ring out!

Have you used your credit? A text is cheaper than a call so that may explain why? Are you sure a payg phone is suitable for business use?
Highlighted
Anonymous

Hi There is plenty of credit on the phone in fact I just topped it up again last night. thats not the problem.
Highlighted
Anonymous

How did they manage to do a SIM swap when you are roaming? Surely you would need to be on O2's network.
What happens when you try to make a call?
Highlighted
Anonymous

I had a spare o2 sim and used it . they then changed my old number to the new sim. I was on line with o2 and it appears that there are others reporting this fault
Highlighted
Anonymous

Its always been said that to do a SIM activation, the SIM needs to be in the UK.
Putting that to one side, it might be an issue with the network you are roaming on. What exactly happens when you try to call?
Highlighted
Anonymous

it rings the number then after a few seconds says call ended before it connects
Highlighted
Anonymous

Can you just clarify, you dial the number, press SEND and then after a pause you hear ringing. The call is disconnected before the person answers? And this is for all numbers and you've eliminated the possibility that the person your calling is rejecting the call?