cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

will i loose m number moving from o2 to o2

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi gus posted on another topic....   im with o2 at mo however makes more sense to get pac number and go via carphonewarehouse or phones4 u however still on o2.... is this easy to do..\????

im saving approx £150 as can get quidco cashback and no cost on phone

someone posted on other forum will lose number cant see it???

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi foxyuk13

Unfortunately O2 are not able to pricematch with 3rd party companies such as Quidco e.t.c I don't know whether the retentions advisor has explained to you, but the reason is that the iPhone's that O2 sell over the phone or online, are not O2 phones, the handsets are supplied by Carphone Warehouse, and we then sell them to our customers on our tariffs, as agreed with Carphone Warehouse.

If you have seen a better deal with CPW directly or Quidco as you have mentioned, MI5 is correct in advising you that you can upgrade via a 3rd party dealer for that deal rather than coming to O2 direct as you are already an O2 customer and assume you are eligible to upgrade.

However, it is also possible for O2 to transfer your number across to a brand new contract internally on our systems, thus cancelling your sim only by moving the number over to your new contract, if you decide to do take out a brand new contract.

MI5 is correct again in that you do not require a PAC code to do this, as you are not leaving the O2 network, all you need to do to action the transfer of your mobile number to a brand new contract, is contact our retention team once you have the brand new mobile number that will be given to you with your new contract, and we can arrange the migration over the phone for you.

You may have a loss of service to your mobile number for upto 24 hours while the mobile number you want to keep transfers to your new contract.

Hope this helps slight_smile

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
As I posted the comment, maybe I didn't explain properly. You cannot use a PAC O2 to O2 so you have to do it as an "upgrade". You mentioned "taking out a new contract" which will result in number loss unless you upgrade your current one.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi foxyuk13

Unfortunately O2 are not able to pricematch with 3rd party companies such as Quidco e.t.c I don't know whether the retentions advisor has explained to you, but the reason is that the iPhone's that O2 sell over the phone or online, are not O2 phones, the handsets are supplied by Carphone Warehouse, and we then sell them to our customers on our tariffs, as agreed with Carphone Warehouse.

If you have seen a better deal with CPW directly or Quidco as you have mentioned, MI5 is correct in advising you that you can upgrade via a 3rd party dealer for that deal rather than coming to O2 direct as you are already an O2 customer and assume you are eligible to upgrade.

However, it is also possible for O2 to transfer your number across to a brand new contract internally on our systems, thus cancelling your sim only by moving the number over to your new contract, if you decide to do take out a brand new contract.

MI5 is correct again in that you do not require a PAC code to do this, as you are not leaving the O2 network, all you need to do to action the transfer of your mobile number to a brand new contract, is contact our retention team once you have the brand new mobile number that will be given to you with your new contract, and we can arrange the migration over the phone for you.

You may have a loss of service to your mobile number for upto 24 hours while the mobile number you want to keep transfers to your new contract.

Hope this helps slight_smile

Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
Much better explanation than mine wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for reply makes more sense now and expained better..... the way m15 explained it was i would lose my number if i used another supplier of the contract 

Message 5 of 5