Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why is o2 customer service so terrible?

foolcustomer
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

why is it that I spoke to 92 service on the phone over 3 months ago to change my payment date to make it convenient for me. they said they will but i still got charged on the same date as always which caused issues. i spoke to them again and requested to change my billing date to which they said BE ASSURED it wont be charged early. really. i see today they charged it again rather than on the date i chose. I am not paying my bill anymore. you cant do what i need from you but you still take money from me whenever you want while lying to my face. 

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7116 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1586 Solutions

Stopping payments is the worse thing you can do. You will be put in arrears and eventually into debt recovery. Bang goes your credit rating

I'll see if on of the advisors can help

@O2nath_ci can you help @foolcustomer 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 14

O2nath_ci
Former Staff
  • 35 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Enlli thanks for the tag @foolcustomer ill private message you 

Message 3 of 14

theagiyogi
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

O2!!! Your customer service is absolutely unacceptable! I am trying to get through to your call center to transfer my pac number, I am sim only - 3 days no one is picking up! 

Yesterday 60 minutes, today already 60 mites, day begore yesterday 90 minutes!!! What a joke! No information about delays whatsoever! How disrespectful! SBC, Vodafone, they offer call backs or inform of delays - no issue - you treat people like that?

That is so disrespectful!! Not sure if I want to join your network! This is the worse I have ever experienced! 

Message 4 of 14

Bec65
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have the same problem.  Been trying for 2 days and cannot get through.  They don’t deserve the business.  They are appalling. 

Message 5 of 14

Patsyy-Hall
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

o2 customer service has been awful. I'm now going to change phone provider as I have been on the phone so many times just to change the bank account on my bill and they don't seem to be able to do that!! Then tried to switch from pay monthly to pay as you go thinking that would resolve it and waited 3 weeks for the new sum card but it never arrived. Was meant to arrive within 5 days - what on earth is going on o2???!!

Message 6 of 14

andandy
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

No idea what has happened to O2 but they went from arguably the best provider till about 2 years ago to the worst.

Customer service - poor 

Reception in previously good areas - poor 

Chat service - poor 

Didn't ever want to do this but also thinking of moving my 5 lines to a different provider.

Message 7 of 14

Ste123
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I was advised my payment date would be the 25thof each month after joining, but they still cut me off and restricted my services and charged me £6.00

It even show on my O2 app Payment due on 23 May.

It's the worst service I've ever received from a mobile telecommunications provider.  

They was on BBC Rip off Britain the other day for exactly the same reasons 

Message 8 of 14

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7116 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1586 Solutions

@Ste123 Have a look in My O2 Manage My Account

Scroll down to Manage My Cards for Payment

When you open it there is a section to change your Direct debit date

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 9 of 14

DVS
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’ve just moved, not only is the data reception terrible where I am I can’t put up with being passed around on the phone between multiple agents that can’t help 

Message 10 of 14