cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

when o2 network gets taken over by 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have kept with O2 for the last 15 years (actually now Tesco but same coverage so I don't care) as the coverage is pretty reliable where I work. 

I'm excited by the prospect of being taken over by 3 because they seem to be the only provider with a decent 'unlimited' data policy - and that you can use data and minutes in Europe 'like at home' instead of being borderline criminally overcharged for merely visiting a couple of websites or checking flight details.

Does anyone have any idea when this changeover will happen - or will I have to just get a 3 PAYG again for when I travel?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

terminusaquo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 24 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I have kept with O2 for the last 15 years (actually now Tesco but same coverage so I don't care) as the coverage is pretty reliable where I work. 

I'm excited by the prospect of being taken over by 3 because they seem to be the only provider with a decent 'unlimited' data policy - and that you can use data and minutes in Europe 'like at home' instead of being borderline criminally overcharged for merely visiting a couple of websites or checking flight details.

Does anyone have any idea when this changeover will happen - or will I have to just get a 3 PAYG again for when I travel?

As others have said, it could take up to a year before this happens. However, I would imagine this will happen in two stages. First O2 customers will be able to roam onto the 3 network for free then, as they integrate the networks, O2 customers will see 3 as the network on their devices.

Message 11 of 13

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 12 of 13

Deag
Level 9: Fired up
  • 134 Posts
  • 14 Topics
  • 13 Solutions

@terminusaquo wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

As others have said, it could take up to a year before this happens. However, I would imagine this will happen in two stages. First O2 customers will be able to roam onto the 3 network for free then, as they integrate the networks, O2 customers will see 3 as the network on their devices.

And also will likely continue on their O2 tariff until it comes up for renewal so no unlimited data until upgrade date.

Message 13 of 13