cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

when contract as finished can i cancel the sim contract as i got phone for my mum and she as died

sueky41
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

just wondering it wont be yet as my mum passed away and i got contract for her i am waiting till contract ends

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/bereavement

Closing accounts due to bereavement

Customer Relations deal with closing accounts where a customer is terminally ill or has passed away. We can also arrange to transfer the accounts to Pay As You Go or, following a successful credit check, transfer the whole account into someone else’s name.

We try to make it as easy as possible for you. If the account holder is terminally ill we’ll need medical evidence such as a letter from the doctor. If the account holder has passed away we’ll need a copy of the death certificate.

You can get in touch by calling us Monday to Friday 8am–4.30pm on 0800 090 18 20, emailing us at Bereavementteam@o2.com or writing to:

O2 Bereavement Team,
PO Box 202
Houghton Regis
LU6 9AG

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Cleoriff
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@sueky41 

You could cancel earlier if you speak to the bereavement team. All numbers in this guide

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Just explain it's to do with bereavement when you get through.

If you want it to run the length of contract then just use this system at the end of contract

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 3

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/bereavement

Closing accounts due to bereavement

Customer Relations deal with closing accounts where a customer is terminally ill or has passed away. We can also arrange to transfer the accounts to Pay As You Go or, following a successful credit check, transfer the whole account into someone else’s name.

We try to make it as easy as possible for you. If the account holder is terminally ill we’ll need medical evidence such as a letter from the doctor. If the account holder has passed away we’ll need a copy of the death certificate.

You can get in touch by calling us Monday to Friday 8am–4.30pm on 0800 090 18 20, emailing us at Bereavementteam@o2.com or writing to:

O2 Bereavement Team,
PO Box 202
Houghton Regis
LU6 9AG

Message 3 of 3