cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what will o2 charge me for leaving contract?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, i've got an o2 sim only contact at £15 per month and have just been looking around to see what's on offer - talktalk are doing a Nokia Lumia 530 with a much better plan than ive got now (more mins, txts, etc.) for only £3.75 per month for the first 6 months and only £7.50 after that! Clearly i want to go for the better deal but i am worried o2 will charge me for leaving? I'm just curious as to how much they're likely to try and sting me with..

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Is your sim only contract monthly or yearly?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 6

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

Stay away from TalkTalk that's my advice, as they are a very bad company for technical support and some people I know have received false bills. I'm not joking around here.

If you are leaving O2, look at alternatives but not Talktalk. Tesco, GiffGaff spring to mind however as you know there is a few alternatives to use.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 3 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

If you are on a 30 day sim only contract, you only need give 30 days notice.

If a 12 month sim only, you will need to pay off the remainder of the contract @£15/month. 

If your phone is locked to O2 then you need to get the unlocking code by filling in the form here

It is free to contract customers.

Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Give o2 a call on 202 and ask their customer services what the cost would be.

Please try out alternative Networks by their Payg SIM cards to ensure they give you good signal where you live , work and commute before committing to a contract.

Dont rely on any online coverage checkers.

I was interested in giffgaff a while ago which run off o2's Network but their data speeds lagged for me so it's even worth checking any virtual ones that run off o2 also from my own experience.

Good luck and remember you can take your mobile number with you to any new network. Ask for a PAC Code and give that code to your new network. Once the new network uses that code this will cancel your o2 Network.

More here : http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Obtaining-a-PAC-Code-from-the-O2-Network/m-p/54427...

Help on cancelling : http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/high...

Don't cancel any o2 Direct Debit for a few months after your final bill just in case so you don't end up with a default if o2 try to take another payment and have to deal with the mess this causes with them chasing you for payment and possibly debt collectors and default markers on your credit file in the extreme circumstances.

I wish you well.
Message 5 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
How long have you had the sim contact for?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 6