cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

very disapointed!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
i would just like to say i am very disapointed with my new contract i have been a customer with o2 for a very long time. i recieved my upgrade in september and got the galaxy s3 and the phone i recieved had to be taken back after having it for a day!! so i was left with a phone that didnt work for a week! i was not compensated for this!! i pay £42 a month which is a rip off as i never get signal to access the internet i need to have H or H+ to get on the internet but always get 3 or 3G. and then on thursday i was paid so i went on my app to check my bill which showed that it was paid so i withdraw the cash i have left then today my phone was cut off as my bill hasnt been paid 😕 the money was there the bill showed it had been paid!! i am thinking of changin my provider as i feel very disapointed!!
Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
The reason your being asked about if you've used your data package is that 02 pay monthly customers are still able to access the Internet but have a throttled speed. (Slowed down)

Payg customers either add a bolt on or pay £1 per day for a capped amount of mb Internet usage.

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144307 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Internet works fine on 3G, no specific need for H or H+ and did you not think it wise to check your bank to see if the DD had been processed ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 12

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23061 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

Even if your upgrade was only for a 12 month contract, at £42/month it would cost you a fair amount to change providers now. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Your bank can approve the direct debit and then pull it if there are insufficient funds. If you know there definitely was enough money to cover it you'll need to call your bank and ask why it failed.

I'm sorry that you weren't compensated - but if the phone is faulty in the first 28 days o2 will send out a new one and you can still use your contract sim in the meantime on an alternative handset.
Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Why on earth did you accept anything other than a new phone if yours had gone faulty after one day ?

I wouldn't be leaving the shop until I either got a new handset or cancelled contract.

Did you check coverage for 02 where you live. As already said 3G gives adequate speeds.

You and you alone control your bank account. Most Internet banking systems now show whats due to come out of your account in approx 2 days. If you left funds in to pay your bill then 02 should have actioned the direct debit.

Check that your bank did not refuse the instruction for some reason.

I would never rely on a network app to tell me the funds had been taken.
A check of your account via the ATM machine would show if your funds in the bank account had decreased by the bill amount.
Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
i did not have another phone to use and when i asked for compensation i was told no as "these things happen" and my internet is useless unless i have H or H+ yes it does work on 3 or 3G but it takes at least 3 -5 mins to load a page!!
Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Are you able to make and receive calls ok.

You say it takes 3-5 mins to access an Internet site. Is that all the time no matter where you are ?

As you have been on this network a while has that always been the case ?

If not then your phone has a fault.

Message 7 of 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144307 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
On basic 3G you should be getting around 5mbps download. Get Speedtest off Play store and run a test to see what speed you are getting. Phone could be faulty if it really is taking that long on 3G.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Perhaps you have exceeded your data allowance?
Message 9 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
it has always been like it and its not all the time but most of the time. i know a few people who are on the same service and they have blackberrys and theres is the same!! i only chose the tarriff i am on so i could go on the internet but i cant get on it when i want to.
Message 10 of 12