Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using an unlocked phone from another network

Fleshy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I had my Galaxy S10 phone stolen, so i am now using my wifes Galaxy S8 which has been unlocked from EE, I can use the phone to make calls and use the apps when using wifi, however, I can't seem to use my data to access apps when not connected to wifi ... i have followed the instructions on My O2 to connect to the mobile networks, rebooted the phone, taken the sim card out and it still won't let me use anything unless connected to wifi, any help would be greatly appreciated

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22939 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Fleshy Did you report the stolen phone to O2? https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Lost-or-Stolen-O2-Device-How-to-Report-it/ba-p/1023988

If you were issued with a new sim you need to speak to customer service to make sure all your service is reconnected. Below is the advice from an O2 Guru on how to get through.
Call 202 from your mobile.
When it comes to the reason you are calling, stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.

Other numbers are here: Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support Use the Lost/Stolen option to get through. Otherwise you'll just be disconnected.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Fleshy 

Check your data apn https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android-Devices-Samsung-HTC-Sony/Connecting-Android-Phone-to-Data-Serv...

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22939 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Fleshy Did you report the stolen phone to O2? https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Lost-or-Stolen-O2-Device-How-to-Report-it/ba-p/1023988

If you were issued with a new sim you need to speak to customer service to make sure all your service is reconnected. Below is the advice from an O2 Guru on how to get through.
Call 202 from your mobile.
When it comes to the reason you are calling, stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.

Other numbers are here: Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support Use the Lost/Stolen option to get through. Otherwise you'll just be disconnected.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 6

Fleshy
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
thanks it's all sorted now .... because the phone (and sim) had been stolen they'd put a bar on the sim but didn't lift it, its now been lifted and all is in working order, many thanks for your help xx
Message 4 of 6

Fleshy
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

thanks for your help guys x

Message 5 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

thumbsup

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 6