cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

urgent help needed please

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, we brought my son a new phone to use with my existing 02 account. As requested you sent a new sim card (no telephone number). The new phone is a motorola moto e. The phone is unlocked so is fine to take the sim. Can you please help me sort this account out, as im sure you will see, I am paying for absolutely no service 

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144182 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Hi, you need to contact CS.
Details on this link http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 25

MI5
  • 144182 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
If it is just a straight sim swap that you require, you can do that here http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/
but it's not clear from your post if you already have an account you wish to use with the new phone or not?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 25

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

I hope @Anonymous comes back to read this.

Another customer who thinks they are actually contacting O2 directly by posting here slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 25

MI5
  • 144182 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Actually having read the post a few times I think the sim swap is all that is required?
I guess the old sim is the wrong size for the new phone?

Currently using:
Message 5 of 25

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Actually having read the post a few times I think the sim swap is all that is required?
I guess the old sim is the wrong size for the new phone?

I will bow to your superior knowledge on that one. It seems a bit pathetic though that O2 would send her the wrong sized sim?....Smiley Surprised

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

Another customer who thinks they are actually contacting O2 directly by posting here

It really is time someone sorted this mess out.   There must be an easy way to ensure that O2 Community cannot be confused with the actual real O2.   After all one lot is here to help; the other lot there to sell things, make profit, confuse customers and irritate them beyond endurance.  

The O2 Community parts of the website need to be better defined and renamed with a very clear, up-front description of its role and purpose in the overall scheme of things. 

Yes I know  - I am OT.   So send me to cyber-siberia (or cyber-coventry)!

Message 7 of 25

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

I agree @Anonymous  It is madness the amount of people who post on here because they think we are actually O2. At one point I began to think it was simply because they got frustrated waiting for phones that were never answered.....

However, when they never come back ...it is frustrating. More for the OP as they think job done... slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 25

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

t's very easy to confuse the community with the real O2 staff because the O2 community pages comes up when someone clicks on help.  Even the homepage of O2 Community isn't bold enough to state that it is only fellow O2 customers.

Anyways, hopefully the OP will return and shine some light onto their issue as, although @MI5 might be correct, we need confirmation from the OP as to what their problem is. 😞

Message 9 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sounds like a straight sim swap to me, it is easy for people to confuse this with cs as the staff here @Toby @Marjo @Anonymous are O2 employees running the community plus @Anonymous an O2 employee posting in a personal capacity in her own time
Message 10 of 25