cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrading

Anonymous
Not applicable

has anyone had trouble trying to upgrade on line ?? i have spent two days trying to do this to no avail now im considering leaving 02 altogether im so frustrated and no nearer my upgrade !!!!!

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous and welcome to the community.

We advise going into your local o2 store. You can upgrade and walk out with your new shiny toy at the same time subject to phone in stock.

Please remember to take ID with you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

We advise going into your local o2 store. You can upgrade and walk out with your new shiny toy at the same time subject to phone in stock.

Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sadly o2 online is going the same way as the rest of o2. Into terminal decline.

Phones listed as in stock when they are not.
Ordering system not working or being user friendly.
Deliveries not arriving as planned.

The list is endless.
Message 3 of 12

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Many, many people have problems with online upgrades due to the shop site glitches. When it finally does work, people are finding the phones out of stock with long waiting times for the phone or to get your money refunded. Yes, O2 take your money even if they don't have the phone.

We recommend going instore and walking out with the phone. More inconvenient but a lot less stressful at the end of the day.

If Refresh isn't a deal breaker and you are happy with a standard 2 year contract, consider upgrading through the independents such as CPW.

Message 4 of 12

paulbacon
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I didnt need ID when i went. Alot quicker instore though. Got a new phone/contract and SIm swap in about 10 mins

Message 5 of 12

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I think it depends on the store. Some will just send a text to the number on the account for id whereas others will accept a debit card or driving licence.

Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
I take the view best to take ID rather than get there after a bit of a journey only to have to go home and get it. Much easier to have it from the start.
Message 7 of 12

paulbacon
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I think it depends on the store. Some will just send a text to the number on the account for id whereas others will accept a debit card or driving licence.

Yea not sure how sending a text can be used as ID. If someone stole my phone then obviously they will get the text message

Message 8 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
True but then it is recommended that handset users have sim card lock and device screen lock on at all times.
Message 9 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I think it is store dependent on whether ID is required. However as piperdog has said its better to be safe than sorry.

When I took out a new sim only tariff I went instore to do it. I forgot ID but they checked my previous account and saw there was no problem. I also had printed  the email from o2 re tariff change...

If I had been a new customer I am sure they would have required ID

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 12