Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrading to Iphone6 and unlocking

Jester88
Level 1: Joiner
  • 25 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I currently have a blackberry z10 on O2 Refresh that only gives me 750mb data so most months I have to buy extra. I know it will cost me £120 to upgrade early on Refresh. I like the look of the Iphone6 but the cheapest deal on here is £48 per month. The similar deal at Carphone Warehouse is £38 per month but when I put in my details to check my eligibility their website says there is a problem. Is this because I can only upgrade early directly with O2?

Another thing; I've been sent a GiffGaff simcard. So will want to unlock the new phone soon after I get it.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

giffgaff sim will work in an o2 phone, so no need to unlock it (not that you can right now anyway).
CPW website is most likely giving an error as refresh is not available from them, only directly from o2.

But, you can still pay off your device plan with o2 and then upgrade with CPW, just not on a refresh tariff.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Jester88 have you considered upgrading your current tariff to add more data, ie to 1, 2, 5 or 8gb until the end of your existing contract? Will cost you a bit more and you can upscale your existing contract (o2 allow you to increase your tariff but not decrease it).

Then when your contract is up for renewal you can choose whatever is available? Saves you paying £120 to cancel.

Just giving you another option.
Message 3 of 9

Jester88
Level 1: Joiner
  • 25 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

That's handy to know about GiffGaff, and I thought that would be the case with CPW.

Message 4 of 9

Jester88
  • 25 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Will look into that but really fancy the Iphone.

Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you really really really fancy the iPhone @Jester88 then you may have financial decisions to make in terms of paying off your existing contract.

Don't answer this on here but are you in a position to buy an iPhone outright? If so you get your new iPhone and keep your existing contract which you can also upgrade the data on without paying off your contract.

Just a thought
Message 6 of 9

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Jester88if you can't afford the upfront cost of the iPhone then perhaps you'd be better purchasing from giffgaff on one of their credit plans as you are going to use one of their SIMs, and the phone will be SIM free as well wink

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 7 of 9

Jester88
  • 25 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I may look into that.

Do you know if you can take advantage of O2 Refresh in O2 high street shops?

Message 8 of 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions