Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

upgrading simplicity pay monthly at carphone warehouse

Hey Smiley Very Happy
I have an o2 simplicity pay monthly which i took out direct from o2 last month.
Just a few questions before i'm due an upgrade.
If I upgrade through carphone warehouse... will I still be billed by o2 as normal or will my billing switch to carphone warehouse ? .. cause I remember reading somewhere that there was a difference between O2 and O2 through carphone warehouse and if you were to upgrade o2 or take out a new o2 contract via carphone then you would need to contact CPW about billing issues, lost/stolen, PAC codes/cancellations etc. I'm sure someone has heard about this. So yeah if I were to upgrade via carphone warehouse how would it affect my billing and stuff?
Also.. If I were to upgrade I would prefer carphone warehouse , as I would want a generic unlocked handset. If I were to upgrade through carphone warehouse could I still add O2's own insurance on to the account even though it wasn't purchased from o2?
Thanks in advance guys
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: upgrading simplicity pay monthly at carphone warehouse

Why not just stay with O2, get the phone want and register/activate it the ring O2 CS and request a unlock and since you are long time customer they will do it free of charge .
Highlighted
Anonymous

That would be the plan , I would probably only go to carphone warehouse if they had an exclusive or something like that or if they got a phone before o2 had it directly or something like that.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Upgrade on Simplicity?? Smiley Indifferent
Highlighted
Topics: 247
Solutions: 1,614

Upgrade on Simplicity?? Smiley Indifferent

Yes! :mansurprised:
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1