cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrading phone and student discount

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

That time has come to upgrade my phone on O2 refresh, how ever I want a HTC 10 which O2 will not sell direct.

Can I still get my student discount on my Airtime plan if I refesh via carhpone warehouse so I can get a HTC 10 considering my plan will still be with O2?

Cheers.

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

No you can't I'm afraid. The phone has to be bought from O2. Cpw only do a standard 2 year contract and discount can't be applied through them.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

No you can't I'm afraid. The phone has to be bought from O2. Cpw only do a standard 2 year contract and discount can't be applied through them.

Message 2 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122356 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Sad but true....You may be able to get the phone through CPW on the O2 network but you lose quite a few perks. It's really annoying that O2 have chosen not to stock this model. We know there have been many disappointed customers...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you want this particular phone then you will most likely have to deal through carphone warehouse which means you won't get o2 refresh, just a standard 24 month contract
Message 4 of 10

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You might find the CPW contract is cheaper anyway which may be the equivalent to an o2 contract with discount.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 10

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
If they bought the phone outright could they get the discount on SIMO contracts? @MI5 ?
Message 6 of 10

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Student discount is now called "Unidays" and is only available on a Refresh contract.
http://www.o2.co.uk/studentoffer
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 10

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Discount thread is here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/O2-Open-and-Friends-and-Family-Discount-Schemes...
Link to latest T&C's here https://o2open.co.uk/O2Open/servlets/ShowFAQ

Currently using:
Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the help chaps.

I'll have to have a look at what the best option for me is then. 

Message 9 of 10

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the help chaps.

I'll have to have a look at what the best option for me is then. 

Hi @Anonymous Did you decide what method you were going to upgrade by in the end? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 10 of 10