cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrading early

Anonymous
Not applicable

i went online today to see if i could upgrade my account earlier than what it says in my o2.

i spoke to an online agent, who i have to say was very unhelpful and seemed more interested in getting me to cancel my existing contract rather than trying to assist me.

i have been a loyal o2 customer for over 5 years and seems that i have just become a throwaway item to them.

i am seriously considering going to orange or tmobile when i pop to town this afternoon and taking out a new contract with them.

so dissapointed with the level of customer service.

friends of mine have been saying for a while that o2 customer service has been rubbish lately and i said i have had no problems getting things resolved, until now that is!!!!!!!!!!

anyway rant over, i will post later to say goodbye once i have got myself a new contract

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
If you want to upgrade early you will have to cancel your existing contract - No way around it unfortunately.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Customer service have to abide by the date your upgrade is due otherwise everyone would want to upgrade early. Even if you go with another provider you will still have to pay up your minimum term with O2. You could have done that to upgrade early so I'm not sure what benefit you would get by changing to Orange or anyone else.

Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

i did ask about paying it off and was told that wasnt an option

Message 4 of 9

MI5
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
That is incorrect. You HAVE to pay off the old one to upgrade to a new one.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 9

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

MI5 is right, you will have to pay the outstanding balance until the end of the minimum period of your contract.

Getting a PAC (assuming you want to keep your number) and moving to another provider will cancel the contract and O2 will bill you for it.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

i did ask about paying it off and was told that wasnt an option

who ever told you that was wrong & doesnt know what they are talking about

Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
i was told this as well this morning. i couldnt upgrade early and an i couldnt cancel my contract. i shall be calling them again!!!
Message 8 of 9

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

If you used the word cancel then that was probably why you were told you couldn't. Tell them you want to end the contract by paying up the minimum term.

Message 9 of 9