cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrading earler than planned

Anonymous
Not applicable

good evening all.

I was wondering if there was any way or has anyone chanced their luck with goodwill from o2 when they are slightly outside of their upgrade early period (mine is one month and i am 2 months away)  , due to breaking my phone.

I really would rather stay with o2 but cost is cost and my £19.00 a month is VERY out of date so would like to change my tariff as well.

any ideas....anyone? , anyone?

cheers.

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Honestly I suggest you call 202 from your phone and speak to an adviser. I wouldn't bother with live chat as their script will say NO and they do not have any flexibility......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
All you can do is ask.......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
All you can do is ask.......

And tomorrow i shall my good friend , i'd email but can't find an address , i presume everything is done through those chat room thingies , which are all busy unfortunately , never mind eh.

cheers.

Message 3 of 10

MI5
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Honestly I suggest you call 202 from your phone and speak to an adviser. I wouldn't bother with live chat as their script will say NO and they do not have any flexibility......

Currently using:
Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:

thanks chum , i pretty much thought as much.

This is that horrible time when one has to "haggle" , i hate doing it but i'll feel like a mug if i don't as everybody else seems to and my 100 mins and 100mg of data seems pretty silly at £19 now compared to everyone else.

i dont's want to feel like no mug i tells thee!

Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've just upgraded early. Had to pay my remaining 2 months tariff to do so. I collect my new phone on Weds.

Good Luck!!!

Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I've just upgraded early. Had to pay my remaining 2 months tariff to do so. I collect my new phone on Weds.

Good Luck!!!

so in other words , they made you buy out the remains of your contract , which is fine but does'nt seem very fair , i don't mind starting a new contract now but i don't want to fork out another £40 to do so.

Thats why i wondered if they ever did it out of goodwill to loyal customers (6 years man and boy!!).

This is the clincher as being in the customer service trade myself i know at times you should bend the rules for a good quiet loyal customer rather than a shouty rude person. (no one likes them......right?)

cheers.

Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yep. I've been with them for 15 years (since BT Cellnet!!)

The goodwill gesture for me was cutting the last 3 months off my contract, my upgrade was 3 months early. So I just had to pay for the 2months until my early upgrade date.
Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Yep. I've been with them for 15 years (since BT Cellnet!!)

The goodwill gesture for me was cutting the last 3 months off my contract, my upgrade was 3 months early. So I just had to pay for the 2months until my early upgrade date.

that seems fair,maybe i'm asking too much.

we'll see whats happens tomorrow.

By the way , did you change your tariff at all?

Message 9 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, went from £42 per month to £37 per month

iPhone 4S to Samsung S4
x
Message 10 of 10