Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgraded my phone, i now have 2 accounts in my o2

anne1374
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

ive just upgraded mt phone and received a sim card with it, i though i had upgraded  my existing account, looks like im going to be charged twice??

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146890 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28261 Solutions

@anne1374 

You'll need to migrate your number to the new contract which will cancel the old one 

Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 146890 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28261 Solutions

@anne1374 

You'll need to migrate your number to the new contract which will cancel the old one 

Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 7

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Do you have 2 accounts showing in My O2 or just the one?

O2 sometimes send out a new blank sim anyway

Message 3 of 7

anne1374
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi thanks for reply, I have 2 accounts in my o2

Message 4 of 7

anne1374
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi thanks for reply

I'm an existing customer and both accounts are in my name. So none of the migration options suited

Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 146890 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28261 Solutions

@anne1374 

You need to migrate your old number to the new contract as stated above.

Except both are in your name so ignore the 2 person part.

MI5_0-1706562065269.png

If moving from one Pay Monthly account to another 

If the two accounts are in different names both account holders can, if possible, call into customer services together on 202 to arrange this. If both account holders are unable to call together the account holder of the existing account will need to ring first, complete security and add a secondary password to the account. This secondary password will be valid for 7 days. The new account holder will then need to call and confirm the standard security plus the secondary password, plus security on their new account. Once this is complete the number will be migrated over to the new account within 24hrs, any requests on a Friday won’t be actioned until the next working day. If the new account holder calls after 7 days of the secondary password being added the existing account holder will need to call back to add another. If you’re on a Refresh contract the Device Plan on the existing account will need to be paid off first.

Message 6 of 7

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Ok so as @MI5 says

You need to ask O2 to migrate your old numberr to the new account

That will end the old account

Message 7 of 7