cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgraded from contract to pay monthly - no data - new sim?

Anonymous
Not applicable

My 2 year iPhone 5 contract ran out today, got a call from Carphone Warehouse and while I decided what device to go for, I switched to a £20 a month rolling contract...now, everything seem to be updated in 'my O2' but my visual voicemail and most importantly data don't seem to work anymore...

The Carphone Warehouse guy told me I am going to get a welcome pack in the post tomorrow but I'm not quite sure whether I'm going to get a new SIM card with it? 

Anyone had any previous experience with this?

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

so, after an O2 store visit, apparently I can throw away the SIM they send me...all there is to do is chaning the data apn to mobile. as you guys suggested...

VVM still doesn't work and the data bolt on doesn't seem to be an iPhone specific one...

might give customer service a call and see whether I can still get an iPhone data bolton on Simplicity so I can keep using VVM...

Message 22 of 24

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

VVM still doesn't work and the data bolt on doesn't seem to be an iPhone specific one...

might give customer service a call and see whether I can still get an iPhone data bolton on Simplicity so I can keep using VVM...

That would be my option. Thanks for updating slight_smile

Message 23 of 24

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yes, just call CS and ask them to change you over to iData.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 24 of 24