cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrade

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I was with carphonewarehouse for over 20 years ,then o2 said they wanted contracts and payments to go direct to them,I had no problem with that until now.My upgrade is due february but as this is my second BB in the last 2 months I want to do it now I need a reliable phone,I know I have to pay to refresh but what bugs me isI can get the contract and charger cheaper via carphoneware house but o2 will not match it,to me i find this very unfair is there no solution to this .....thanks

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144205 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
You can still buy out and upgrade through CPW. You are not forced to use O2 directly....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
  • 144205 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
You can still buy out and upgrade through CPW. You are not forced to use O2 directly....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

O2 operate a fair deal policy where it's the same for new and existing customers in the way of deals.

It pays to shop around and go with the best deal.

If you don't want to use Refresh with O2 then you will either have to pay your remaining months up and end your current term or wait for your natural upgrade.

Or sell your phone and use the funds to buy another you want.
Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks,,,,,itsthe contract which is cheaper not the phone ,although I would need to purchase the charger with o2 its free at CPW

Message 4 of 10

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I'm not sure what you want here, there is nothing to stop you upgrading via CPW.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Appreciate that Carper.

Unfortunately in life we can't always have our cake and eat it.

wink
Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for all the imput,I came asking for advice as not obviously up to speed on whats what ,but if my kids in there 20's replied to anyone  like that I would be ashamed , I am not sure how to close this but will await my husband getting home to help

Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Usually with cpw the phone or charger in this case can be cheaper but contract cant be cheaper as they can only offer the tariff as o2 set it so for same tariff should be same price or wouldnt get set up by o2
Message 8 of 10

MI5
  • 144205 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
CPW can offer cash back deals or other gifts on the same tariffs though........

Currently using:
Message 9 of 10

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I agree, they do offer some very good deals and can often be cheaper than O2.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 10 of 10