Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrade

IsaacTurner123
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi i am hoping someone can point me in the best possible direction.

my phone contract is up and i can upgrade my phone today if i wanted to do so, however i have been paying £15 insurance on this phone per month which allows me to get the same phone if my current device is lost or stolen or damaged. My current device has a smashed screen therefore i should be entitled to walk into O2 and get a new one for a small price im guessing. So, should i get a new phone through my insurance, then upgrade to another phone, and sell the previous phone as a brand new iphone 7 rather than one that has a smashed screen?

any possible help would be grately appreciated.

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
You'll have to pay the excess on your insurance policy but yes, you can do that if you wish and sell on your repaired phone before upgrading.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
You'll have to pay the excess on your insurance policy but yes, you can do that if you wish and sell on your repaired phone before upgrading.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

jonsie
  • 93234 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

The phone will have to be sent away to O2 Insure. Preferably call customer service before walking instore.

Message 3 of 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23073 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

@IsaacTurner123 Be aware that considering the age of the phone, your insurance will not provide you with a brand new one. It will either be repaired, or if the smashed screen can't be repaired, you will be given a refurb.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
It won’t be a brand new phone & unlikely a refurb. Likelihood is they’ll just replace the screen
Message 5 of 5