Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unwanted calls from abroad

gillybear
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Has anyone else got this problem? Since the beginning of March i have been getting loads of calls from weird numbers. The phone only rings about twice and then goes off. i did try and ring back one of the numbers and it was obviously a number from another country as i couldnt understand what the person said. getting a bit worried about it now. here are some of the numbers

252 5 024035

42 74 27731 32

676 899 2430

676 899 2450

676 899 2425

676 899 2472

1 676 899 2425

676 899 2471

I block each number as it comes in but then another one calls? Any ideas folks? Please

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @gillybear This has been reported before. Numerous people had similar issues on this thread here

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly/Anyone-else-suddenly-started-getting-nuisance-calls-from-M...

We had some information from @Martin-O2  (Community Admin) about these unwanted calls

Follow this advice

O2 confirmed that these calls are part of a scam that relies on you calling the number back to make money. Provided that you don’t call the number back you won’t be charged. Unfortunately, O2 are unable to block these calls as a quick fix because the number changes regularly but they are looking at ways to address them.

The advice is as follows:

• It’s best not to answer these calls but if you do you won’t be charged
  • Don’t call the numbers back or you will be charged!
  • Block these nuisance numbers on your device to prevent repeat calls from the same number

You can also find some advice on dealing with these types of calls here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly/Are-you-fed-up-with-spam-calls-and-texts-Follow-these-step...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @gillybear This has been reported before. Numerous people had similar issues on this thread here

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly/Anyone-else-suddenly-started-getting-nuisance-calls-from-M...

We had some information from @Martin-O2  (Community Admin) about these unwanted calls

Follow this advice

O2 confirmed that these calls are part of a scam that relies on you calling the number back to make money. Provided that you don’t call the number back you won’t be charged. Unfortunately, O2 are unable to block these calls as a quick fix because the number changes regularly but they are looking at ways to address them.

The advice is as follows:

• It’s best not to answer these calls but if you do you won’t be charged
  • Don’t call the numbers back or you will be charged!
  • Block these nuisance numbers on your device to prevent repeat calls from the same number

You can also find some advice on dealing with these types of calls here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly/Are-you-fed-up-with-spam-calls-and-texts-Follow-these-step...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 4

gillybear
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks so much for that. Has put my mind at rest. as i say i keep blocking them but i did ring one back initially and was on the call for 52 seconds so if i get charged for that i will have to live with it. at least i know its not just me and will look at the links. cheers
Message 3 of 4

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks for re-sharing that info @Cleoriff smiling

@gillybear You should be fine if you follow the above advice but if you have any further questions please let us know. wink

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 4