Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unsolicited premium texts

PurpleRonnie
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Has anyone else received unsolicited texts which you did not sign up to?  I received a text from someone called ThumbTiger on Wednesday, thanking me for subscribing for £4.50 per week.  I have never heard of this company, and I certainly did not subscribe to them.  I have checked my bill, and £4.50 has been added.  Do O2 normally refund these charges if you did not sign up to them?  I have not sent a stop message yet, I guess I need to or I will continue to be charged for something I did not subscribe to.  Might be easier to get my number changed!

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@PurpleRonnie

See help here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Have-you-fallen-for-or-been-conned-into-a-premi...

You need to contact the company to get removed from their lists and claim a refund.

http://thumbtiger.com/uk/terms_uk.html

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@PurpleRonnie

See help here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Have-you-fallen-for-or-been-conned-into-a-premi...

You need to contact the company to get removed from their lists and claim a refund.

http://thumbtiger.com/uk/terms_uk.html

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 13

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Customer Service
All customers who send an email to uk.support@thumbtiger.com will be responded to within 48 hours, unless public holidays might cause a delay.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

A really weird one this as the info given in the link by @MI5 states quite clearly you have to sign up and register before acceptance. Apparently members are sent a text of cpnfirmation

If this didn't happen then Thumbtiger are in breach of their own terms and conditions Smiley Mad

"When members sign up, the phone number used for the registration will automatically be used as the username. Therefore, please make sure that the right phone number is typed in correctly. The welcome text message will also be sent to this phone number. In most cases, the member shall be liable for all activities that are undertaken using their account. Any misuse of the account may result in the member subsequently banned from participation on PO.

Members can cancel their subscription by emailing uk.support@thumbtiger.com or texting STOP to the shortcode 61716".

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 13

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Google would suggest they regularly don't honour their own T&C's

Currently using:
Message 5 of 13

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@PurpleRonnie O2 does not refund money in these cases. Please follow the links provided.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 13

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
They can however put a premium bar on your account to stop further charge to mobile services.
Message 7 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

• Bar all Direct to Bill Debits

I think this is the bar you need @PurpleRonnie if it's a Charge to Mobile type recurring payment.

Problem with this is that it will then stop any that you might actually want to have...

You would need to contact CS to have it applied

This is the post by one of our Community Admins @Marjo advising of all the account bars available

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly/Snack-Games/m-p/1112166/highlight/true#M146903

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 13

PurpleRonnie
  • 6 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for all your help.  I will have a look through your suggestions this evening when I will have a bit of time.

Message 9 of 13

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @PurpleRonnie sorry to hear you've had unwanted charges. 😞 Please do let us know how you're getting on with this?

Message 10 of 13