cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unlocking iphone4 when abroad

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am abroad for few months and with new iphone 4s from o2 (pay monthly). Wanted to have it unlocked and contacted few times o2. I was informed I had to come to uk to unlock it.

In o2 Ireland they have the solution for that.

http://community.o2online.ie/t5/Unlockopedia/iPhone-not-unlocking-Abroad/td-p/510749

o2 Ireland requested that from Apple directly.

Can O2 UK do it as well while I am still abroad? I bought the phone for my niece here abroad..

thanks.

M

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Cleoriff
  • 122816 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

As you bought the iPhone abroad which network is it locked to ?

@AnonymousI don't think the OP bought the phone abroad?

The op states 'I am abroad for a few months with an iPhone bought from O2 pay monthly' It may be the way I am reading it....but I thought it was bought here and taken abroad for a niece?

@Either way I am not sure that would have any effect on what  @Anonymous wants to do with the phone? Smiley Frustrated

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Yes I now see it can be read both ways and perhaps the op will if they wish clarify.

If the iPhone was purchase from O2 Ireland ,then O2 Uk wouldn't unlock it so coming back to the Uk to try and unlock wouldn't work.

As it sounds the iPhone is from O2 Uk then we return to the first stumbling block of needing the iPhone back in the Uk Network to Unlock it . 😞
Message 12 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

The phone was bought from O2 UK. I use the old phone and the new one wanted to give to my niece.

I am currently abroad visting family.

Message 13 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ah well thank you so much for taking the time to clarify.

Now just to get it unlocked issue remains.

You could unlock it on your return to the Uk and arrange some form of special delivery of the phone to your niece.
Message 14 of 14