Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unlock iphone 4 pay&go

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello everyone,
My name is MAOR and I live in Israel.
A few months ago a relative of mine bought me an iPhone 4
It turned out that I cant use it in Israel with a foreign SIM.
I have contacted o2. After several conversations with representatives explained to me what to do. they promise me to unlock the iphone if i will buy pay & go sim and top up 15 £
My problem is this.
I bought a sim card pay&go, i ask from a friend that live there to top up for me.

15 £ I topped up, and after that i call back to o2.

one of the representatives took all the details that he needed, and after few minute told me that the sim is not linked to the phone and i need to make a converstion in uk!!!

i live in israel i cant make a call in UK. he told me to send the phone to UK.

this is not what they told me before...what can i do? how do i linked the sim to the phone.

here in israel i can make call and send texts. 

please help me I spent a lot of money and the problem does not end

thanks , Maor

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

The only way to link the O2 sim with the O2 network is for the phone to be used in the UK. If that's not possible or too difficult to arrange I would suggest you cut your losses or resell the phone.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

The only way to link the O2 sim with the O2 network is for the phone to be used in the UK. If that's not possible or too difficult to arrange I would suggest you cut your losses or resell the phone.

Message 2 of 3

MI5
  • 144193 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
Send the phone to your friend in the UK and ask them to make some calls for you. It can then be unlocked.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3