cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unlock iPhone 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I am writing this message to suggest O2 to improve their customer services. I have recently received an iphone6 as a Xmas present which my friend bought it from carphonewarehouse in full amount. When I first insert my O2 SIM card and it was lock to O2. I then went to the O2 shop and your employee said because I paid for the full amount I should be able to unlock my phone by calling 202. When I rang 202 your employee said there is no way to unlock it because it wasn't bought at O2 shop. Therefore I have requested to leave O2 by cancelling my monthly roll contract and suddenly somehow the customer service is able to request my phone to be unlock within 72 hours. If that's the case why would you guys refused to unlock for me in the first place? I have spent 3days dealing between O2 shop and 202 customers services and it wasn't a nice experience. I hope O2 could work on and improve this process.
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93182 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

A similar thread on here recently highlighted the fact that O2 would unlock the iphone 6 when purchased in full. Just a shame that customers have to jump through hoops to get this done.

They need to ensure all advisers are aware of the situation and this is the problem and why people get so frustrated dealing with them.

Message 2 of 23

Cleoriff
  • 122814 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

I didn't know that @jonsie I thought you still had to wait till O2 agreed to unlock?

I thought it was still like this...

The Iphone 6 is only unlocked if bought directly from Apple....and would remain so permanently

If you bought from O2 it would lock to their network

If you purchase through a network or other mobile phone retailer it will either already be locked or will lock to the network of the first sim that is used.

It takes up to 6 months to be able to unlock

I understand that all phones bought from 3 are unlocked. I believe they started this in Aug last year..

Has any of this changed now? No wonder people get confused....:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 23

jonsie
  • 93182 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

It he phone is bought in full from any retailer where it locks to the first network sim, then O2 are obliged to unlock it from my understanding. This has happened twice this week whereby O2 have unlocked a fully paid for iphone 6 from CPW.

Message 4 of 23

jonsie
  • 93182 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122814 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

The other tread here :

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple-iOS-Devices-iPhone-iPad/Unlocking-an-iPhone-bought-from-Carphone-...

Yes I saw that one...though I did think with all the palaver and excuses, it was probably a 'one off' as opposed to common practice?....:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 23

jonsie
  • 93182 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 7 of 23

Cleoriff
  • 122814 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Who knows......Don't know

Next one will probably be refused again Crazy

Exactly...and one of the many reasons I remain cynical...and confused....never forget the confused LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

It he phone is bought in full from any retailer where it locks to the first network sim, then O2 are obliged to unlock it from my understanding. This has happened twice this week whereby O2 have unlocked a fully paid for iphone 6 from CPW.

So...Iphone 6/6 plus unlatching....

this is the correct procedure:

During the launch period for iPhone 6 O2 will only unlatch the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus for Pay Monthly customers on refresh who have paid up all of their Phone Plan. Non Refresh customers will need to wait until after month 12 before requesting.( i.e.cpw...)

But on this one the customer has bought it sim free with no cpw contract, so he is entitled to it trough CPW. They can unlatching and should unlatch it.

Customer services were correct to decline it under O2's procedures. But because the second person would have known from the tariff that the customer paid for it in full they have made the request , as a good will gesture, as they know it shouldn't get declined because apple will know from the imei if it's a sim free phone.

Hope this clarifies the correct procedure and what happened. slight_smile

Message 9 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

But my doubt is if he bought the phone from CPW, then why does O2 lock his phone if he uses O2 SIM on it.. Are not the phone are locked through the network? If I bought the phone from CPW and uses the phone is some other country, then will it get locked to that country network?

Message 10 of 23