cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unauthorised charges

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cut a long story short, £6 was deducted from my PAYG credit for unknown/unrequested services, contacted O2 who refused to give any details other than saying it was some kind of download even though I've never used internet on my mobile I'm not even sure its capable of accessing the net( Samsung E1200).

O2 gave me 2 contact numbers for the company who took the money, one number doesn't exist and on the other number the company said my mobile is not registered on their system so they could'nt have taken the money....been back n forth with this as O2 are insisting this company have taken my credit while the company insist they haven't & have no record of my mobile.

I've raised a complaint with the regulator( PhonepayPlus ) who emailed me today to say they also called the company and were told the same thing ..my mobile doesn't exist on their system.

Any ideas?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Try o2 complaints service http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

To try and stop this happening again O2 customer services can put a stop on your account so that this dose not happen again.

It's called Charge to Mobile (Direct to Bil)

Ref the costs incurred O2 and phonepayplus are the correct avenues you've gone down.

You could make it official here and see if O2 will give you a goodwill gesture http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain/complain
Message 3 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

I will try the complaint ....about blocking future charges, I've been told by a manager and 2 other reps this is not possible.

Message 4 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good luck.

Let us know how you get on.
Message 5 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous

This is the official info from O2.

"Here some info about direct to bill debit:

Charge to Mobile (Direct to Bill) is a new way to buy all things digital with your mobile. We’re making it faster, easier and safer to get the things you want from the merchants you like. Everything from games, music and videos to films, ebooks and apps, - if you’re on Pay & Go, we’ll take the cost from your credit, if you’re Pay Monthly, it’ll go on your mobile bill.

If a customer doesn’t want to use this service we can add a bar to the account at the customer’s request. We can also add the bar as part of debt prevention.

D2B bars can be put on got any C2M customer – either automatically for customers by CMS if they go over spending or into treatment (PAYM customers) or at the customer (account holder’s) request – both PAYM & PAYG

Main C2M site on Your Companion - http://yourcompanion.uk.pri.o2.com/products_services/charge_to_mobile/subhub.asp"

Similar thread : http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Help-after-being-Scammed/m-p/703899/highlight/true#M71549

Look at post 26
Message 6 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does that not just bar dialing/texting premium numbers?

It doesnt stop companies randomly taking future payments from my phone....which is what I need to happen & what o2 say they cannot do.

Message 7 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
In theory a charge to mobile ban should stop anything other than normal calls or texts from been charged to your account.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
I edited as you posted.

Look at the thread I pasted in and post 26.

If you've been asking live chat then speak to Cs on 202. If you've spoken to 202 then ring back armed with this info.
Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

According to O2 the only way I can stop future charges is to send STOP to a short code number, but O2 cant tell me how much the company( who stole my money ) will charge me for this text ....this is the same company who says they have not charged me anything at any time & I'm not even on their system.

It seems the spirit of Kafka is strong with O2.

I've already been told by an O2 manager on the phone(+ 5 reps & counting)  this is the only way to block any future charges.

The person in that thread got charged for visiting a website, whereas I have not even sent so much as a text ..these blocks would only stop me from outbounding, it wont stop companies from saying I outbounded when I didn't...which is what has happened here, O2 cant even tell me when the charge event happened so how can they block it?

Message 10 of 13