Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to use mobile phone

deborah2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello, i am wanting to buy a new phone and upgrade my contract, but they want to send a verification code to my phone that i can not switch on as it is broken, nor can i use the phone to make a call to customer services. I did try and purchase a phone in the o2 shop at skipton last week but they requested some ID to whih i didnt have my driving lisence nor my passport on me and i had already driven 45 mins to the town. I work nights in a mental health hospital, so it was my only day off that week.  I have my phone in a bucket of rice at the minute and its not switching on. I desperatley need a new phone and i feel that o2 are posing barriers to me purchasing or upgrading my account. can someone please help me!

thanks 

deborah 

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144091 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@deborah2 

Do you have any old phone that you can put your sim in to obtain the code, or even briefly borrow a phone off a friend?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
  • 144091 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@deborah2 

Do you have any old phone that you can put your sim in to obtain the code, or even briefly borrow a phone off a friend?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 10

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23038 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

@deborah2 O2 asking you for identification is for your security as much as theirs. It isn't a barrier. It's to protect you from someone trying to purchase something in your name.

If you need to speak to customer service you can download Skype which will enable you to call for free. Instructions on how to do that, and customer service numbers can be found here: Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Edit: Should you be unable to get through, I will tag our O2 online advisors, one of whom will contact you tomorrow. @O2Lisa or @O2Georgina can you please assist?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 10

deborah2
  • 8 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
hi, no it is a phone with inbuilt sim so cant take it out.  I cant borrow a friends phone at work becuse they are banned from work! My friend will not let me downloads skype on her laptop as she said she hasnt the memory space.  What is the point in having protected passwords, security questions and personal bills with my details on if im not allowed to use them in circumstancs like these? i dont have a laptop and im not asking folk at work to use their phones and get them into trouble. I live in the counrtyside in an isolated area, i work 70 hours a week and do not have time to knock on doors asking to borrow their phones. i will have to cancel my contact with 02 and purchase a phone with tesco mobile and go with giff gaff.
 Thank you for responding slight_smile 
Message 4 of 10

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23038 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

@deborah2 Tell your friend that Skype takes very little space. She can always uninstall it after you use it to make your call.

If you cancel your O2 contract you will still be responsible for any months remaining, so that's probably not a good idea. Wait until the O2 advisors contact you tomorrow. There is no one available on a Sunday.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 10

MI5
  • 144091 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@deborah2 

is it an eSim in your phone then?

Currently using:
Message 6 of 10

deborah2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

yes, its a samsung with no sim.

Message 7 of 10

MI5
  • 144091 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@deborah2 

You'll need to ask o2 for a physical sim and then you can purchase a new phone outright and put the new sim in it.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 10

deborah2
  • 8 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, it has been sorted. I used a neighbours phone and o2 are sending me a new sim with a new phone and contacting me on my neighbours phone in order to activate the sim. So when they arrive tommorrow, i have to email an assistant that they have arrived with the contact number for them to ring me on. They will text first to let the neighbour have chance to bring the phone to my house. 

Thanks 

deborah 

Message 9 of 10

O2Georgina
  • 387 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 13 Solutions

Morning  @Bambino , Thanks for the tag, @deborah2  I will send you a private message so we can look in to the query for you

signature
Message 10 of 10